Crocodiles...sacred to who?

Any beings whether God’s, Goddesses, Angel or Demon that have Crocodiles as their sacred animal, one of them or are associated with the animal? Also Is the crocodile associated with any of the Four Queens Of Hell? Just curious :slight_smile:

They always seem to remind me and make me think of Naamah.

1 Like

Sobek, Egypt, also Taweret, goddess of childbirth (and more). :heart:

3 Likes

Norath

3 Likes

I’ve not heard of them, Norath I mean, can you share any information?

Tread with caution

2 Likes

Duke Agares is described in grimoires such as Lesser Key of Solomon as the power of the east, an “old man, riding upon a crocodile, and carrieng a hawke on his fist who teaches languages, stops and retrieves runaway persons, causes earthquakes, and grants noble titles.”

5 Likes

sobek, the river god of egypt

3 Likes

Sutehk

1 Like

Does anyone associate crocodiles/allogators with Machaloth/Mahalath/Maklath the mother of Agrat

1 Like

No Machaloth the demoness deals with many calamities and discord but i cant find any signs or symbols dealing with alligators or crocs. She rules supposedly over death, storms, disease, and plague and she can be called upon to spread chaos, turmoil, and discord. She can engender violence, storms, and calamities. She does however rule over rain and bodies or streams of fresh water but i do not see any symbolism regarding alligators.

1 Like

Oh i know that there’s not any crocodile/alligator symbolism tied to Machaloth, but I was wondering if a figure of a crocodile could work as an association to her, something to corespond with the demoness, if possible

Definitely alligators/crocs are known water predators drowning there victims with clenched jaws in various rivers so if you are looking for a spell for discord and using a water deity it would be a powerful symbol.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the information you have shared

1 Like

Sallos as well

1 Like

Orisha Oshun

1 Like

Sobek

2 Likes

Grand Duke Sallos! Not only are they sacred to him, he’s also often depicted as riding one.

2 Likes

Ammit, my favourite crocodile god. He works with Anubis to devour human souls or the inauthentic you.

1 Like

I’ve seen crocodiles listed as one of quite a few animals sacred to Lilith too.

Thank you also to everyone who gave me a response.

Observe crocodiles with an empty mind while meditating, observe what your senses tell you, and then everyone with that “crocodiley” feel in that energy has a crocodile as a sacred animal.

Generally an easy way to find out what animal something has. symbolism is just expression of energy, the exact aspect of the energy may be different to the parts you’ve observed however so mileage may vary.

2 Likes