Could someone explain please

I apologize! I am probably the top of the list as beginner here! However, I’ve watched some reputable YouTubers and read books. My question is this.

I see woolen saying to Mae sure you “protect yourself” before evoking an entity. My confusion is that it’s not entirely fair to ask to protect yourself from something you are summoning to really “help” you. It almost seems like an oxymoron. I could be very wrong.

So what is it that you do before you summon to keep it safe. And then what do you say to ask the entity to leave. Then after all is done, how do you cleanse the space to leave room for anything uninvited to come in?

As I mentioned. I am a beginner and any tips would be useful. Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Please use the search function, and look up “banishing.”

1 Like

That’s not what you need protection from :slight_smile: The thing is, when you start doing magick, even light magick like meditating to develop your spirit and senses, you start to shine brighter, and this attracts attention. The astral is teeming with life, and not all of it is benign.

As an analogy, imagine you want to go for a nice woodland walk to go bird watching… well, birds aren’t the only things in the woods… you might want some mosquito repellant as there’s more than birds in the trees, you might want a good pair of shoes as there are sharp twigs on the ground. It’s not unfair to the bird to wear shoes and clothes and mozzie repellent. :slight_smile:

Now, the analogy breaks down at bit here because in magick, like attracts like, so one way of maintaining what we here call you “spiritual hygiene”, which means not being covered in ticks and flies, is to leverage this “like attracts like” and keep a super high vibration. Then lesser entities can’t see you so well and you don’t attract trouble. But we’re human, and it all it needs is an argument nearby, not even with you for negative energy to be in the mix and parasites an impostors to get involved.

So, check out the spiritual hygiene and parasites tutorials to find out what else you can get that wastes your time and energy and pretends to be what it’s not, and you will be prepared and know what to do if you run into any nasties.

Cleanse” yourself and your space, and ideally your whole house and garden. As mentioned above you may want a banishing if you discover unwanted intruders (you almost certainly have a few, at least little ones, everybody does until they learn how to clean their space, it’s like having spiders indoors, they just happen). The tutorials explain multiple ways how. Have a browse through and use the ideas and techniques that draw you the most.

What do you say to human guests when they leave? “Thank you for coming, see you again some time.” Politeness costs nothing and these are people too.

Your space was cleaned BEFORE you started. Afterwards, setup wards, like magickal fences, to stop intruders. You don’t leave your front door open, wards are how to close and lock the “door”. Again, read through the tutorials, it’s all there, 10 years of forum advice, all for free.

And DO please, please try the search, you can add to these keywords to refine the kinds of wards and talismans and cleansings you want. Interested in a salt bath? Search on that and you’ll fine posts about it. There’s just so much here that gets missed all to often, it’s worth it imo.

5 Likes

I should add: there’s a style of magick called “Solomonic” magick, which comes out of Jewish Kabbalah, where “demons” are seen as inherently bad and evil and out to get you, but have power, so you call angels to bind and constrain the entity and command it into doing what you want. In this case, you may have pissed the entity off and then you banish it afterwards so it doesn’t try to get back at you for being a big meanie. Try the work of Dr Skinner for a good example of a successful mage that uses this method: Glitch Bottle on yt has great interviews with him explaining the views and reasoning.

Much western ceremonial magick is influenced by this JCI based ideology, including Golden dawn type stuff, some jinn workings, and by extension magick styles influenced by those schools also retain vestiges of this kind of ceremony, with circles and whatnot.

I use E.A. Koetting’s system that has this historical influence, but changes the meaning of the circle from being protective with a triangle of manifestation to being an attractant, and does not use names of any JCI “god” or angels, but invites the entity directly. So, this is also a successful choice.

What you do really comes down to personal preference in the end, there’s plenty more styles and types of magick than these as well.

1 Like

Ok! I’m new to these terms! Good to know! Thanks :slight_smile:

I will do! Thank you. I definitely don’t want to clog up already answered questions :slight_smile:

Thank you! Can you link me or point me in the direction of this?

This is a great analogy. It makes sense! Thank you.