Corwin Hargrove Jinn-wishes not included in the book

I am studying this book and intending on giving some of the rituals a go as I said in other threads.

On the first reading, and in following some threads here, I was under the impression that, given that we will call on Djinn Kings to appoint their jinn of choice instead of evoking a particular jinn for a specific wish, that we could ask for anything within each planet’s attributes.

However, reading the book yesterday a second time, I got the impression that each ritual is quite specific, and that the book does not cover some things I need. For instance, there is not a ritual for protection or beauty.

I would like to ask opinions: would it be possible to employ the Jinns of Friday to make a wish to actually becoming more beautiful physically (instead of seduction or making other people see the best in you/perceive you as beautiful) or the King Jinn of Tuesday for defense (protecting something or someone) instead of Attack, or any of the spells in the book?

Can we ask for different wishes/make adjustments or do we have to follow it all to the letter?

Cheers

1 Like

You can always try it. Spirits of the nature of a certain planet don’t necessarily have all the powers of that planet, but usually embody a certain Divine Idea (in the Platonic sense) descending from that Planet (and we must remember these heavens are spiritual, not the material stars and planets), or a certain Divine Idea descending from The One if they are beyond the celestial world.

So, a spirit who embodies beauty may not have great power to cause love, even though both these things descend from Venus.

I would say, they can probably bring love and beautiful. However, I wouldn’t personally call on the spirits of Mars for protection, rather the spirits of Jupiter traditionally bring protection.

Thank you, I’ll keep that in mind. I was thinking of something along the lines of counter-striking, not so much passive defense.

For instance, “attack anyone who dares attacking me”.

Also, do you know if we can perform more than 1 ritual in the same day? If we want to cover 2 different Wednesday requests, could we do the opening and closing ritual once, with 2 request Rituals in the middle?

I know it sounds lazy but I’m in a rush to have some issues magically covered before something important that I must do, and I have limited time.

On doing multiple rituals in a day, you can certainly do as many as you can within a day.

Now, I’m unfamiliar with the content in Corwin Hargove’s Jinn Magick book, but I would recommend following the instructions in the book when it comes to rituals and requests. But, it is certainly possible in general to give multiple requests in a ritual. Nowadays I tend to almost always give multiple requests in my prayers and rituals. Doing 2 different request rituals seperately is also good, but depending on the requirements of the opening and closing rituals, I would suggest rather doing them for both rituals if possible.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Given that the opening and closing Rituals are exactly the same and what changes is the Djinn King, my reasoning is that it would make more sense not to bother the Archangels and Elders twice. I hate being called back after I left, maybe spirits do too. Also, it would make me spend energy that I rather direct to the request part.

I like your idea of doing several requests. Especially if the requests are related, as is the case here. And being Jinns, it makes sense just to list your wishes…

1 Like

I’ve done various rituals in the past using the same opening and closing rituals, or same banishing rituals, and I’ve never sensed that it was a problem for the spirits called. I believe I’ve also called on the same spirit multiple times in short succession, repeating the ritual, and I must say it feels a bit odd when THAT is done, but it was not an issue.

For opening and closing rituals, I would say there is no need to be afraid to use it for two different rituals in short succession. Many use banishing rituals before they do any ritual at all.