COPAL incense-- which?

Been looking at Copal resins for sale.
White
Gold or
Dark

Which is best ?

Gold, but any will do.

[quote=“Frater Dark Matter, post:1, topic:5389”]Been looking at Copal resins for sale.
White
Gold or
Dark

Which is best ?[/quote] I’ve tried the different expensive Copal and Frankincense resin incenses with charcoal discs. They make alot of white smoke (indoors)
It always gave me a headache and the fragrance was never as strong
as I expected. I was expecting it to smell as strong as the granular incense they use in some church sermonizes. What I have been doing is I buy the rod incense and dip them in essential oil, 4 rods dipped in oil gives off plenty of smoke and fragrance.

I use white copal the most and usually add correspondences that relate to that spirit

I have heard it is unsafe to use charcoal discs indoors as there is a risk of carbon poisoning, Is this true? I never burned any long enough to find out, I never could keep the damn things going. The charcoal stayed lit, but the resin or granular incense would not burn all the way thru. Someone told me I wasn’t putting enough incense on the charcoal but no amount of it ever seems to burn, it goes out on its own in a few minutes. Am I doing something wrong or just using cheap crappy incense?

I burn charcoal discs for extended periods of time; until the charcoal completely burns out. You must have purchased really shitty charcoal or incense. Try different types of each.

To keep the charcoal lit I pour a small amount of ronson 
  lighter fluid, when the edges of the charcoal are white, add 3 pieces of resin incense.

The smallish disks don’t seem to be too much of a problem, if you burned the amount of charcoal you get in one of those dispoable barbequeue kits though, that would be quite dangerous indoors.

Best to leave a window open even with the small disks when you can, the danger is from carbon monoxide and it’s impossible to know when the level’s become dangerous.

/ fussin’ granny mode off! :smiley:

keep fussin granny- your only carin for your loved ones !

The smallish disks don’t seem to be too much of a problem, if you burned the amount of charcoal you get in one of those dispoable barbequeue kits though, that would be quite dangerous indoors.

Best to leave a window open even with the small disks when you can, the danger is from carbon monoxide and it’s impossible to know when the level’s become dangerous.

/ fussin’ granny mode off! :D[/quote]