Consecrating dark temple or evoking without

So iv been successful in my evocations, that are taking place in my dinning room/kitchen. However I really want to be evoking and doing work in a consecrated dark temple, such as mentioned in “Works of Darkness” . I have no other real area to do my work since I live in a 3,1/2 apartment in a large metropolitan area. If I turn my dinning room/kitchen into a consecrated dark temple, ill have objects that do not belong in a temple there and it will be in my living space. What do you guys think?

I personally think that’s fine - we use the largest room in our apartment as the main room/bedroom, and also as a Temple, I mean this does result in some weird happenings sometimes obviously, but it doesn’t affect the magickal side of things - IMO it’s actually making both of us, me especially, more focused, because there’s no “close the door, go watch some TV” happening! :slight_smile:

I’ve had a seperate Temple room and I ended up wanting to live in it, so that’s just my personal preference.

It’s good to have a room you can close off and take unexpected guests, repairmen etc to things like the utility meters and whatever without them seeing your weird-ass magickal gear, this is another reason we chose this layout and it’s especially important if you have a spellworking sitting on your altar.

So I think that having mundane objects there won’t affect it provided it’s used regularly for magick. Other people might disagree, and not be so keen on spirits popping up/out the walls/ceiling etc when they’re chilling out in the evenings, but it suits our lifestyle right now.

By the way, please don’t forget to post an introduction here - it’s one of the Rules of this forum, many thanks! :slight_smile:

Thanks Lady Eva.

Now im considering the bedroom since it is a closed off room instead of the dinning room/kitchen. I was hesitant about having mondane objects around just because of some descriptions on consecrating a temple.

Id also love to hear some other people’s story’s or set ups with temple’s and there opinions.

I can back this up as well. Everywhere I have ever lived, whatever room I set my temple up in is the room where I end up spending 95% of my time even if it doesn’t make sense to be in that room all the time, I always find myself in THAT room. I will end up setting up a Tv and computer in there, a couch or comfy chair in there, and basically end up gravitating my main living quarters to that room eventually.

Maybe it’s just the energy in those rooms, it makes us feel more comfortable by being around it as much as possible?

Yeah, I just never wanted to leave… my dream (though it’s probably not practical or even that desirable) is to own a deconsecrated church, live in it, do rituals there, sleep and make love (and hate) on the altar…

Something in me craves breathing it all in through my pores, the accumulated power, being in the “holy of holies” - this is something that’s been with me a long time, and I never want to be seperated from it. :slight_smile: