Connecting deeper with my Fylgia :

To start off, I didn’t even know what a Fylgia is. I was doing a guided runic medidation and was given an Animal and I didn’t think much of it. I was told not to give it’s identity to anyone. Fast foward to yesterday, I asked someone on this forum who mentioned true familiars about it and I had a realization that I met my Fylgia that night. Now I keep seeing myself wearing the animals skin but not in a bad way, in a way that we two are united.

I want to meet and connect with my True familiar again but I know I need to make the journey myself. I want to know how you guys did it and also what happens if you connect with them before you’re ready?

2 Likes

I just did a forest meditation and that’s how I found my fylgjur. You can also conjure your fylgia too. I personally feel nothing happens without reason, thus when one meets it, they are at that moment ready. If someone randomly meets their Fylgjia, then it is for a reason.

2 Likes

My Fylgia was an elf woman.

1 Like

Dude I love Freyjia. She has a lot of knowledge.

This ritual well for it I don’t have the materials and the nearest natural area is not safe anymore. I do want to perform this ritual though

1 Like

How did you meet her?

Through meditation and also someone saw her in a scan

1 Like

That’s really interesting. I think I’m gonna go with the medidation method.

If mine is a wild animal, what effect would it have on me? I heard that those with Wolves or Bears became really violent but I think this had more to do with the mushrooms they took before battle…

Personally mine hasn’t had a effect on me really just led me where I needed to be

1 Like

That what Fylgjur are. It’s not the “totem animal” as we see with the amerindians. It is not the animal that “makes one with you to go to battle”. It’s a spirit, that even might be related to the disir that shows you the way to your destiny by walking a few steps ahead of you.

Sometimes they can even appear in the shape of a Woman, that is actually quite similar to the concept of the Banshee.

It is fascinating!

1 Like

You dont need that stuff. Improvise. Your best is your best.

Chant Ehwaz. That can be a rapport on it’s own.

3 Likes

After doing research and reading your comment, it makes perfect sense. I’ve met the totem of the animal who’s my fylgia and it’s very different energies. I wonder if I’m on my journey to destiny because signs keep popping up everywhere and I’m excited but also terrified.

In that case I will do that. I won’t have time today but I did speak to my Goddess about it and tommrow is good.

I’m familiar with this Rune. I can’t remember which one helped me connect with my Fylgia but this one could help too

1 Like