Commonplace Magickal Drugs

I’ve smoked mugwort and found it to be very helpful!
I always eat afterwards too.lol

2 Likes

Funny. I have been experimenting with mugwort for a few days now and found no psychoactive effects. Though for cleansing and such it’s very effective.

3 Likes

My pre-ritual stack is kratom, kava, caffeine, cannabis and a little nicotine :wink: glad to see others using herbs to enhance their ascension

Also the usual such as sage, lavender, chamomile, etc

Sometimes I’ll eat a Carolina reaper chili before too just to get my endorphins flowing

4 Likes

I’ve had good success giving people a hot pepper to activate their spiritual sensitivity for necromantic voodoo.

2 Likes

Mugwort seems to affect evebody differently. I’ve had a friend whom said it did nothing for him yet it did for me. I guess it’s because our individual DNA & blood chemistry is different for ever person. In saying that maybe you could try some cannabis? I’m not saying that you should if it’s prohibitive and/or you haven’t tried it before? As if you haven’t had some experience with it sometimes “the spirit of the plant” as shamans refer to it as, can be overwhelming for some people. Depending on the type and strain of the cannabis plant as well. I began using it for my chronic pain but have also found it to be useful especially when invoking god forms, daemons or angels. I never use it though for my Necromantic work a all because I like to be completely clear headed whilst working with the dead.

Many Blessings to you @UnseelieDiabolus :star:

1 Like

Nah. I can not use cannabis like that. I got way too familiar with it back when I was younger and it’s impossible for me to use it in a sacred context outside of using it for an offering. I have been studying Amanita Muscaria lately though for ritual use and have high hopes for its effectiveness.

1 Like

Oh well that’s fair enough. I totally understand now why cannabis would not be appropriate for your uses in Magick. Oh well. Good luck with trying Amanita Muscaria!:grinning: I don’t know much about that at all unless it’s like the American Indians use? I’m going to look it up after. I’d be interested in how you go trialling that? As I’m sure many others would on this Forum too.

I think it’s great that we can all be so creative with our Magick these days and share online in spaces such as here. Whereas years ago one had no choice but to go to old dusty occult type stores or new age bright and sparkly stores where Wicca 101 was the main books that they ever sold. They soon got really old really fast IMHO.

Don’t even get me started on the powers trip that Wiccan High Priestesses and many High Priests are on too. I tried joining a coven until the High Priestess realized that I was far more educated on multiple magickal topics than she was. Then she insulted me by saying that I would remain on the outer circle for a year with all the newbies.

I didn’t expect to be HP overnight. But I did expect some rmore respect for my previous learning though. Covens and magickal lodges often produce megalomaniacs IMHO. That’s what I like about E.A.K. & Co. because they are not like that.

I still think they charge far too much for their books though. Because as a book editor friend once told me that they would make “far more money and sell far more books if they were priced accordingly”! Oh well I guess that is up to them? However if I was their financial adviser? I definitely know what I would recommend. Even a 99c novel sold a million times is a million dollars so just imagine their books at say $35US a book sold a million times or even $250,000 times. That’s a lot of cash right! But I had better not say anymore on here.

Very interesting thread that you started.

1 Like

Hi,

Really late to the party. This is a valuable post for me as I have been experimenting with substances and states of mind for a really long time and don’t get to meet many who understand its value but instead quickly dismiss possibilities based on their limited understanding. I’d like to dip into your pool of wisdom and perspective if you don’t mind. Assuming you aren’t immune by now, how do you counter the downwards spiral of high caffeine intake? I’ve found chinese green tea (not the supermarket kind) to be useful even though it contains caffeine by itself and sometimes I’l go by green tea in conjunction with L-carnitine to keep blood flow finely tuned and work in conjunction with the oxygen im breathing. Also, do you ever have any concerns regarding a detox and starting off with a clean slate to keep things efficient and prevent the risk of becoming immune? Thanks for the cool post!

1 Like

Sleep. I take my last pot-brewed tea after dinner. I used to be able to use caffeine to get to sleep and I know people who go to sleep straight after strong coffee. I brew Matte tea on occasion, just for the zing! And nicotine. I take a lot of it all the time. Sometimes I sleep with top-lip oral tobacco. I have long experienced the synergy between nicotine and caffeine. I use both as sacraments. Without nicotine I would kill myself. What would be the point of existing?

I’m not an addict, I’m just addicted.

Al.

1 Like

I understand that crystal meth is great for seeing “shadow people”, general paranoia and tooth loss…

But on a serious note, I’m quite dependent upon nicotine for grounding myself. (much to the chagrin of most everyone I know & society at large, as cigarette smokers are basically social pariahs in the states)

My advice is ditch the ciggies and become that rare and beautiful enigma - the female tobacco aficionado. Get yourself an inexpensive corn cob pipe and some fantastic Virginia pipe tobacco. Virginia is used in cigarettes so Virginia pipe tobacco has that narrow flavour range but with depth and floral high notes. I use 4Noggins. Compared to where I exist, the phenomenal range, extremely high quality and low price for American pipe tobaccos beats cigarettes every time. When you learn to sip slowly you can get a number of gentle, really high nicotine smokes from the one ¾ filled, medium sized bowl. If the pipe is for you then purchase a briar. Also, American (knock your head clean off) nasal snuffs and oral tobaccos are just superb – but what would you expect? America is the home of tobacco. British and Indian nasal snuff have much better and more varied aromas than the natural BBQ of American snuff, but dry and dusty American snuff really hits the spot fast.

Al.

I am always open minded to following bread crumbs that may lead to better health. I will do extensive research of my own of course, but I thank you for the lead. I am a fan of any possible exotic cure for major illness, regardless of any perceived controversy. Alternative health care is the key to long life, so i look forward to reading more about this. I myself am very healthy, and i plan to stay that way so education is ammunition. Thanks again.

1 Like

I really prefer Gitanes, but pipe tobacco and fill-your-own-tubes are far more economical. I am going to have to pass on the corn cob pipe until I’ve become proficient in banjo picking, and/or moved to Appalachia though…
I’ve yet to try snuff, as I’ve always imagined it to be an extreme nasal irritant, but may throw sinus caution to the wind & give it a whirl?
Thanks for your nicotine support.
XO

I strongly recommend both oral tobaccos and nasal snuff. Nasal snuff will clear your sinuses – no two ways about that. It can also get you orbital. Oral tobacco placed under the top lip doesn’t cause spitting. Available in delightful little mouth bags. Don’t chew. Don’t suck. Don’t play with it with your tongue. Just let it sit under your top lip. You’ll get effects before, but in ten minutes you can gently move it to the other side top lip. Both snuff and snus really pack delightful nicotine experiences. And unlike me, please enjoy responsibly.

Al.

1 Like