Closing a sigil without burning it?

I borrowed one of my books (Baneful Magick) to a friend of mine and it seems he has absolutely no idea about the reality of magick and he opened a sigil from the page of the book. Now to close it, do I have to burn the page or is there any way I could close the sigil without ruining a really valuable book. Yeah I know I should have realized to warn him about this… But the thing already happened so if you have any ideas I would appreciate it very much.

If it is part of a printed book you dont want to be tearing out of burning it. But you shouldnt be evoking from the sigil in the book. you should be using that as a reference and drawing the sigil. You will find it much more powerful if you draw it out yourself.

Also, if he has no previous magical experience, is baneful magic really the place for him to start? That book is a warhead waiting to be detonated on someone

Reverse-engineer the sigil:

1. Have some precautionary measures taken such as call a spirit to protect you, raise some shields based on visualization, ec…

2. Do as you do to open the sigil, and when you see it flashing, command it to close, to revert to normal, to “be as you were prior to opening”. Adress it as if it were a living thing rather than the tol of a spirit.

3. If that doesn’t satisfy you, try telling the spirit in charge of the sigil you want it closed, and explain what happened. Thank it, maybe give it some incense as token of apretiation.

REMEMBER: You create your own experience! If you think it will give you problems or that the sigil won’t shut? You’re right. As much as right as beleiving the contrary!

I know how to use a sigil, I happened to read the fucking manual before opening a one but my friend did not. Now I just need to get his energy off the book somehow. If one of the sigils there is opened I don’t want that book back into my closet before clearing it somehow.

Also, if he has no previous magical experience, is baneful magic really the place for him to start? That book is a warhead waiting to be detonated on someone
I guess not. But I haven't touched baneful works myself either. I've had that book just in case and I'm happy I haven't needed it so far.

[quote=“333, post:3, topic:4944”]Reverse-engineer the sigil:

1. Have some precautionary measures taken such as call a spirit to protect you, raise some shields based on visualization, ec…

2. Do as you do to open the sigil, and when you see it flashing, command it to close, to revert to normal, to “be as you were prior to opening”. Adress it as if it were a living thing rather than the tol of a spirit.

3. If that doesn’t satisfy you, try telling the spirit in charge of the sigil you want it closed, and explain what happened. Thank it, maybe give it some incense as token of apretiation.

REMEMBER: You create your own experience! If you think it will give you problems or that the sigil won’t shut? You’re right. As much as right as beleiving the contrary![/quote]

Thank you very much. I’ll try that soon as I get the book back from him.

[quote=“Turnajuikkuri, post:5, topic:4944”][/quote]

Thank you very much. I’ll try that soon as I get the book back from him.
[/quote]

You’re welcome dude, godspeed!

Since he is new to all this, consider having him remove his energy himself as part of his own development. Of course you will want to work with him on it as he is new to magick. but it will be a good exercise for him and his own retraction of energy will be easier then your banishing his energy.

Good idea! It would also be simply fair that he takes HIS energy off from MY book :smiley: Thank you :slight_smile:

I made the same mistake when I was starting out. It’s not too bad when you have simple paperback books from some bookstore like B&N but more troubling when you have a heavy, expensive, handmade tome from a rare occult book supplier.

Here is a technique that I have used that should help purify or nullify the page in your tome and only takes a few moments.

You’ll need some salt (plain table salt works fine), your ritual athame or knife, and a scrying mirror if you have one (although any old small mirror can also work).

• Set the book out so that the sigil is facing you. Observe the sigil for a moment until you notice the tell-tale signs that it is activated.
  • Once this happens take a pinch of salt and throw it upon the page sigil and sound out the word “dispel” or “dissipate” or “banish”, whichever is comfortable to you. Sound out the word such that you gently breathe upon the page and spread the off or around the page. Do this a total of 3 times and imagine the energy of the sigil start to loosen up a little bit.
  • The next step is to carefully hold up the book page to the mirror so that you can see a reflection of the sigil. Now imagine that this reflection is some kind of master copy sigil out there in the astral world and then imagine on the surface of the mirror a swirling liquid, like a whirlpool that draws the energy from the sigil page into the mirror.
  • Imagine this energy that looks like some thread flowing from the page and getting sucked into this mirror to the astral reflection.
    *Once you feel this has been done enough take your knife and make a cutting motion between the book and the mirror and imagine the energy thread being cut off; everything else being sucked into the whirlpool that now slowly settles down. Cover up the mirror.
    *Now sit down and face the book in front of you again except turn the book upside down so that the sigil is upside down. Don’t gaze but stare at the sigil and look at it with disinterest as you do the other alphabetical characters or punctuation on that page or in that book (which is also why it is upside down). This should be enough to “clean” that page so that it is not charged anymore.
  • If in the course of this you had unintentionally called the spirit to you or your friend because the sigil is charged within the book, just give them a license to depart in the last step.
    *Close the book, put it away, and make yourself a sandwich and go on about your day as normal.

Next time you lend out your book, be sure to cut out square pieces of normal paper and put them in the book as bookmarks where the sigils are and let your friend know they MUST copy any sigil, amulet/talisman figure, etc. if want to make use of it and then either burn it or let the pieces flow down an unused stream of water when finished.

1 Like

If you’re going to do anything ritualistic involving the book itself I would only second this suggestion [url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/the-book-of-azazel/consecrating-the-works-of-ea-prior-to-immersion/]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/the-book-of-azazel/consecrating-the-works-of-ea-prior-to-immersion/[/url]

Hmm, what do you guys think about that… I might have opened some sigils, but never actually closes one : D … is it a problem?

And what about when people are now using electronic sigils, like those flashing ones and ones that you can download on your cellphone etc? could you even close those in the same way, not by burning at least.

I have a few sigils i have opened but havent closed need to know how to i made them myself… Opened with my blood just a need to know i figured… I dont want them burned as i want to use them again… But will burn if it is an experience i should know

my version of protection manifestation sigil seen on forum in redrawn … It meant to kill any spirts from any plain that i didnt summon or invite… The only other sigil i have made besides lucifers…

My lucifer sigils… One is key for ascending flame… Both are open

All sigils i’ve made with my own hand work… The protection i read doesn’t need to be activated just the act of drawing it will suffice… I actually felt emotionally charged while drawing it . it felt the air was cleaner. But still the ? Remains… Should i burn the others to close them? Or can it be done another way