Choosing a path

Hi everyone, I’ve read in several magic books references to some black magicians becoming enslaved by the demons they have made pacts with. Has anybody heard of this happening? Or is this reserved for only those who are seriously disrespectful or weak? I have not heard anything but positive relationships on this forum, but there are always ‘mentioning’s’ of the dangers inherent on this path.

I’m still learning the basics and have not yet developed the skills required for magical operations yet, but am looking towards the near future when I will choose a pathway. I am thinking of starting a path working with angels as set out in evoking eternity, to develop my core skills, and at a later time would also like to evoke particular demons that teach specific abilities that angels may not. Is this feasible? Do people find that demons will only give thorough instruction with pacts? And without pacts will barely scratch the surface?

I know in BOA, Azazel only gave in depth instruction to EA after a pact was signed. Is this the exception or the norm?

Though demons can be dangerous, pacts are not required to work them. Unless they demand such which is something I have never encountered.

If a spirit (a term I use interchangeably) requests something or that you offer something in return for something asked, HONOR YOUR END! Always be respectful, and leave offerings as a token of appreciation.

You’re never truly ready until you decide to venture into the darkness.

Brutus,

I think the angels in Evoking Eternity are a good place to start. They have been very helpful and friendly and haven’t required anything of me that I am not willing to do. Their enlightenment, power and divinity are all I need at this point and I have no desire to become dark. But each must walk their own path to divinity…I would check out a post by necromaster about making a pact with a demon, and see if that lifestyle of criminal activity, and harming the innocent is what you truly seek. If it is then, then by all means plunge yourself head long into the depths of outer darkness.

[quote=“azazym, post:2, topic:206”]Though demons can be dangerous, pacts are not required to work them. Unless they demand such which is something I have never encountered.

If a spirit (a term I use interchangeably) requests something or that you offer something in return for something asked, HONOR YOUR END! Always be respectful, and leave offerings as a token of appreciation.

You’re never truly ready until you decide to venture into the darkness.[/quote]

Recently a spider spirit associated me asked me to stab an insect with my magic dagger and leave it for her in exchange for a favor. It dissapeared shortly after that.

But yeah my advice is not to jump into pacts, I made pacts with two guys, but it was under very special cercumstances. They admitted that had things been different they may have tried to swing things more in their favor. So if you make a pact, make sure you understand everything, maybe do a divination to make sure its a good idea.

Working with Angels is never young to give you the power you crave. You need to get evocation down and do the demonic ascent in evoking eternity and then start making pacts with various demons that have skills you want to know. You can start down a specific path such as necromancy or vampyrism but even if you do you will still have to get your Theta gamma sync and evocation down.

Well I don’t think demons are the only way to go, though they are certainly helpful. I work with whoever has something to offer me. My advice is to work on communication as this is the most important first step. You should ask Dantalion and/or Paralda for help with that.

I can tell you now Dantalion is pretty damn good, I called Paralda today to take it to the next level though i won’t know until I scry tonight how much of a boost he gave me. Kind of funny, he speaks in such a tiny voice like a whisper, guess its because he’s a wind spirit.

I started out working with angels and wound up developing some pretty interesting relationships with demons later on. After they both started working on my development everything seemed to skyrocket as far as my learning and spiritual growth.