Choices, so many choices

hey everyone,

so I’ve been practicing for a little over a month, and I of course have researched my ass off. one thing I come across alot it, whether evoked or invoked, it seems like a major help to summon a spirit of some sort to assist with growth.

the question I have is which type is the most beginner friendly. I mean like can be most easily summoned, and can help you grow those psychic senses and gain some gnosis along with it so you can eventually go and work with the big movers and shakers.

some say, your higher self and or shadow self. others say your personal guides. then you have ancestors, shadow people or aspects, lower demons, higher demons, djinns, gods, goddesses, dragons, fae, personal daemons, thoughtforms, and anything else.

it is important to mention being this new and having come from atheism to this, I am practically blind and deaf, and my intuition is crap. obviously I need to meditate more.

that said who do you think meets the beginner easy to call upon and hear or see, and can help me grow.

this is extra and you can skip, but I started off with interest in the goetia and king paimon has had my heart from the start, along with prince stolas. particularly since they both embody knowledge and wisdom. Hekate, but the primal current aspect of Hekate. the others that have had my attention are infernals and qliphothic beings. everything mentioned is where my heart is called. however I’ve also been into the self divinity too. that my shadow and higher self are to be sought out as my soul is great and my power is the one to rely on. most recently I’ve been told try ancestors. this was extra info if you want to make anything of it.

In my opinion, your personal “power” animal, also called your totem. It is a spirit guide that accompanies you on journeys and acts as protector and mentor. Shamanic journeying is one of the easiest methods for beginners to make contact, and it also helps develop your astral senses.

2 Likes

Why worry about summoning. If you have little experience will you be able to handle a direct experience of the presence of a spirit!?

I would start with using an Enn of a spirit while focusing into its sigil and then making à prayer. Why not begin devotional and respectful chanting / prayer to Lucifer or a spirit of wisdom who will help point you to the best path or best book

1 Like

thanks a bunch this is super solid advice and I’ll look into this. I’ve actually never have looked into totems at all. so it will be new info for sure.

you are right and I can’t disagree. i guess I seek guidance and I just assumed what better teacher than these incredible beings. I will learn more on what you suggested and see what I can do. thanks.

I have read that many beginners tend to favour creating their own servitors before attempting any demonic work.

I can personally attest that there is a lot to be gained from creating and having one(or many)!

1 Like

I was always curious about doing that at some point. I always assumed that was for the advance practitioner.

Well, since a servitor is created of your own essence, will and desire, and it is born out of your own intelligence, most find it a pleasant graceful and totally ‘user-friendly’ way of approaching spirits if you’re new to it all.

That doesn’t mean to say that servitors can’t go wrong, they can.

Check out GoM’s Magickal Servitors. It’s a small read but highly useful.

You can just do petitions for now if you would like.

I think Lucifer

1 Like