Chaos Magick Book To Begin with

Hi everyone, I hope your Magick is strong today !
As the title says I would like to know your opinion of the best Chaos Magick book to start with as I am a absolute beginner in this.

I really love to learn through books firstly to construct a solid base then try to make my own research in the midst off internet wich can be very confusing without basics knowledge studied before.

Thanks in advance for your time and propositions that’ll help me start finally in a more serious way Magick and others beginners who’ll look to find some indication of path to follow to start their journey.

3 Likes

I would recommend Liber Null & Psychonaut: An Introduction to Chaos Magic by Peter J. Carroll.

11 Likes

There’s material on Sigils here (as opposed to Seals). Chaos got me into Sigilization.

Al.

2 Likes

I’ll look into it, thank you a lot !

1 Like

I’ve also started more than a year ago the use of some(very basic one’s) sigils, and now I want more knowleeeedge, and yeah there is quite some on here !

1 Like

I second Liber Null & Psychonaut by Peter Carroll.

I also recommend Condensed Chaos by Phil Hine, and the Psychonaut Field Manual, by Arch-Traitor Bluefluke, which the author released free online.

5 Likes

Awesome ! I’ll check into all of this and I see that Liber Null & psychonaut looks like a must have, I’ll also check the others, already so much to look at, I thank you !

1 Like

Liber Kaos and Liber KKK are decent if you want to move past the surface. Advanced Magic for Beginners is a more grounded version.

Most of early chaos magic as described in Liber Null is A O Spare’s own personal system that you may or may not like.

IME it’s not all that great and the more important concepts in Chaos Magic you should probably focus on are godforms (Fotamecus especially) and paradigm shifting. Both of these can be found in chaosmatrix if its still around.

An important part of chaos magic is finding the balance between self-indulgence and pushing your limits, the former led to the ‘death’ of the chaos magic community and the latter tends not to resemble the common perception of chaos magic at all.

Also it’s worth noting that the first exercise in Liber KKK where you build a servitor to enact your will is an extremely important achievement because it tends to break the limits of what people consider servitors “able” to do.

7 Likes

That’s quite infomative and precise thank you ! I’ll add those also in my list.

1 Like

Would you reccomend Liber Kaos or Adam’s book on Chaos Magick?
There’s also Hands On Chaos Magick.

1 Like

Phil Hine is probably one of the early pioneers of Chaos Magick. So if you can find any books written by him online, that would be a good place to start.

1 Like

Psychonaut Field Manual,

Best thing to do with that book is start from the end, and read it backwards

2 Likes

Liber Kaos has some interesting ideas that usually go unexplored, lots of “limits” built into the way he describes the system too however so watch out for those. It’s certainly a good start but the best chaos magic comes from the self.

1 Like

why’s that

why’s that

That’s often the way I do it

1 Like