Chaos Magicians

I have a creeping suspicion, that I’m coming about this in the wrong way.

That asking for information on something so fluid, so personal and unstructured, is like writing a book on how to be funny.

So let me ask you this:

Who were some notable Chaos Magicians, famous or researchable?

And

What are some examples of Effectively executed Chaos Magic?

How does Chaos Magic differ from pure Law of Attraction thinking?

How does a Chaos Magician make his Magick more potent?

What might an experienced Chaos Magician accentuate in himself?

What might he play down, gloss over and ignore?

I’m assuming it’s much more of the APPROACH, and METHOD and DISPOSITION of the Magician, rather then any single attribute.

But as someone who identifies as a Creative Professional, this system or ANTI-system, is somewhat intriguing.

1 Like

[quote=“jackson_caulfield, post:1, topic:7564”]I have a creeping suspicion, that I’m coming about this in the wrong way.

That asking for information on something so fluid, so personal and unstructured, is like writing a book on how to be funny.[/quote]

I think that about sums it up! :slight_smile:

This PDF (110mb according to my computer) might help with your other questions: The Psychonaut Field Manual. It was originally posted here by Iam Incide, and it’s very good.

1 Like

Peter J. Carroll, Phil Hine and Grant Morrison are Chaos Magicians of note. “Liber Null” and “Psychonaut”, by Carroll, are, or at least used to be, considered essential reading for the aspiring Chaos Mage. “Condensed Chaos” by Hine is a quick read that gives a very good overview, and is available as a free PDF. Honestly, the questions you’re asking are best answered by reading some books, given the scope of your questions. There aren’t any “nut shell” answers, as each Mage will have his/her own answers and reasons for them.

1 Like

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

1 Like

Thanks, that phil Hine book looks pretty interesting!

LoA is about using the “established existing pathways” for magick to flow to bring about your Outcome (Thesis). Chaos Magick will use a STRANGE use of magick (twisting and warping and relating Concepts) which is a Bit of Anti-establishment as well as some existing things that are useful to where you have a Synthesis (Triangle of Art: Thesis, Anti-Thesis, Synthesis). The reason for thr STRANGE MAGICK is due to using Unnatural elements of Magick (things not native to that system) that somehow would not normally mesh, but in a roundabout way you creatively mesh to the Natural Elements of a chosen system. Working Chaos Magick utilizes alot of intelligence and Creativity and is very much akin to Engineering a Magickal Viral Influence.