Ceremonial magick authors?

can someone reccommend me good books/ authors on ceremonial magick? or even sites? thnx

1 Like

I think a book everyone should read is Real Magick by Issac Bonewits It was recommended to me by the guy who got me started on magick and I think it should be the first book a person reads before they start to actually choose a system. The guy has a degree in magick from Berkeley when he did a self study program. Eventually the caught on to what he was up to but by that time it was too late and they had to let him have the degree but they sure as hell were not about to let anyone ever do it again. I was even a member of the ADF back in the late 90’s which is a druid order he founded.
The book explains magick from an anthropological standpoint explaining both theurgy and thaumaturgy. I read the book 3 times back then and have not read it in almost 20 years but as I remember I loved it and although it’s a bit of a hard read or at least It seemed that way to me a teenager at the time, It should give you a good foundation for understanding things that many magicians never fully grasp about their own art.

Summoning Spirits by Konstantinos or Modern magick by D. Kraig.

Israel Regardie’s book Making And Using Talismans is a good start, it gives you a method you can put straight to use and also gives you a set of ideas and terms within CM that you can research further. I’m not sure of its copyright status, so I won’t recommend seraching for the PDFs, but it should be available secondhand somewhere.

I’ve had great results with the methods in it, and that was even excluding the use of Hebrew & Bible verses etc.

good lord, what horrible recommendations!

except maybe Konstantinos…

but truly good book for ceremonial magick… i don’t know. i never found a truly good honest real book on actual ceremonial magick.

and i think that’s maybe simply because ceremonial magick is centered around false light traditions. whily true magick is completely unstructured.

but that doesn’t mean that True Magick doesn’t have ceremony. it has, and in various ceremonial magick books you may find bits and pieces of what and why.

if there exists a book where someone explained ceremonial acausal shamanic methods, please let me know!

[quote=“bahamuthat, post:5, topic:9173”]good lord, what horrible recommendations!

except maybe Konstantinos…

but truly good book for ceremonial magick… i don’t know. i never found a truly good honest real book on actual ceremonial magick.

and i think that’s maybe simply because ceremonial magick is centered around false light traditions. whily true magick is completely unstructured.

but that doesn’t mean that True Magick doesn’t have ceremony. it has, and in various ceremonial magick books you may find bits and pieces of what and why.

if there exists a book where someone explained ceremonial acausal shamanic methods, please let me know![/quote]

For what you said to be Truth, a ‘‘True Magick’’ should exist, but since Magick is very Personal and subjective, their isnt, Fortunately.

yes. this is where you and i draw the line.

Truth in my opinion is mere illusion honestly. A perspective
-dragon crow

A post was split to a new topic: Hello again and a question re ceremonial LHP workings