Carl Nagel

I have (read) three. I am not too sure about the titles.
One was called something like Babylonian Words of Power. It had no such thing as incantations or words of power in another (Babylonian) language, everything was in English.
One was about the spirits from the Black Pullet in which his Ritual framework was a slightly altered version of the witches’ Eko Eko chant (and then proceeding to call to the Black Pullet spirits.)
A third had something to do with the Goetia. More or less.

o, and another that had Enochian spells in it. Translated the Enochian made absolutely no sense.

1 Like

Is that bad?

1 Like

Meh. Just keep in mind the format of their books is pamphlet-like. I know, their prices are not cheap, which may lead you to believe they are very high quality.

I have a bunch of them, but unfortunately can only recommend very few. Unless you are total, total beginner , in general; I would not recommend them.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks for the heads up. :+1:
I appreciate it.

3 Likes

I have read most of his books from the 80s to 2020.from pamplets, to ebooks from wen he star to others publishers, wat exactly u looking for,? His most recent ebooks are great, his black witchrft from 1987 was good. His second seller is good. His necronomicon is good too. He changes names. His version of a pope who call demons not remember title. Honorarius, is good.u just have tosearch.

1 Like

Awesome thanks.

I just havent read any of his works. Just wondering is its worth the money. He has several titles that intruge me

1 Like

Gime titles and i will tell you. I buy from diferents supliers. If its daemonic dreams. I have his biography. Black pyrame. And tje lucifer book. U can pm. But honestly. I buy ebooks. In amazon if was you but yes gime titles and i let you knw i have over hundres of booklets of him.

1 Like

Well I just ordered Black Pyramid.

Do you have the one about black magick candle magick ?

1 Like

Im a book collectpr u can pm and i will recomend some good stuff.

1 Like

Yes i have tat. But if i was you i buy basil crouch. Pyramide box. A great booklet and more instructions. Now black candle is goetia few witchrft spells. Now if i was you i look in ebay since tis books u can find in usa too. If u are beginner .u may learn some intermediate u b adapting stuff.

Howard vernon is good.

I’m not a beginner you know me as arianna.

I just havent read any of his books. I’m also starting my own book collection so I’m trying to find really intereting books or really old or rare books.

I like to have some PDF copies because they are good to read on the go. But I prefer my hard back and paper backs. I’m just old school .

2 Likes

I see well his demoniak sex magic is good. And his new ebooks are great also try howard vernon u will like his stile. Some caselius… Try ebooks first then go paper if want. Also lorna green dianas mirror is good.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you :blush:

2 Likes

I know this is an old thread but I really do not trust content of people who wrote a vast array of small books over a vast amount of subjects. We cannot be a master of that many differences in a path or paths. It annoys me when I see pamphlet like books being thrown out with little bits of info for a not so cheap price and then another and another that says more or less same thing. One book on Djinn magick I found dubious by an author who writes a lot of various books, some are good but not read all. The fact the book got written after he performed one ritual, his words, is not an experience I would value. If I was to write a book on a subject then I would make sure I am adept at it. But now we have every tom, dick and harry writing books without much experience or even a result to be had! this will end up diluting the esoteric world very quickly down the line. I am also sick of these titles like words of power, angels of power, this of power that of power… all catchy phrases but nothing of the sort within them! If I see a word of power I want powerful incantations that do something not a sigil, name or genie spirit. I have a lot of books myself as I like to read and get ideas but we can get into a trap of trying to find the next best thing when its already in you FOR FREE. Make shit up, test it out, write down the results. Thats how magick is found. My little rant over :slight_smile:

3 Likes

you are right! I agree your said.

Welcome @btvbtvb It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

I have only had contact with two of his books. One was in relation to a group ritual I participated in here on this site a little over a week ago. Will need to wait a while to establish veracity of results or otherwise.

The other was his poltergeist book. I feel very ripped off by the latter. It supposedly teaches a procedure to plague an enemy with poltergeist activity. But its just a very very basic conceptual comment on creating a very very basic thoughtform.

Admittedly I didn’t notice before I bought it that it was only 7 pages long. So over $2 per page and the entire content offers nothing that anyone with even the most rudimentary understanding of thoughtforms doesn’t already possess.

I am nuts about his books. Nagel’s Book of the Old ones is the best - I am getting in good contact with them and they give me visions. Prayers of darkness is good too.

Some of his stuff you can use for ideas, but add a magick circle. He suggests chanting a chant for Andras, and that guy does not like it when he is called without showing the respect of using a one.

His pathworkings with the djinn in New demon power is also nice.

As I wrote this I got the worst stomach cramp. Couldn’t move at all for an hour and it took three hours for it to subside. When I tried to write about it in my journal later I got a nauseous and when I looked in the mirror I had a grey shadow around my head. I couldn’t figure out why he would do that, but this morning it struck me he probably is one of those demons that require a target once called lest they attack you, and he had probably taken it as a calling when I wrote about him. So I gave him a target said thank you and goodbye and sent him away, and everything felt lighter.