Careful Saying Thank You

I think you nailed it really; sorry I’m not the best at communicating things; I prefer to only speak when asked or requested to really.

3 Likes

No problem, you message is valid, we have a lot of concern on here at people getting parasites and then assuming these are major demons etc., and ending up as slaves in a way worse than religion to these beings, so I think your words are good advice.

7 Likes

“Be careful of who you are indebted to” comes to mind…not a bad piece of advice at all, both for spirits and for people.

I don’t think the surrender of power that was mentioned comes from thanking in itself. I think it comes when we start to believe we “owe” someone for their aid beyond what was already agreed. There has to be a line drawn to where the “debt is paid”. That is a slippery slope that tends to end in enslavement.

10 Likes

That’s why it’s never a bad idea to put things into writing. Just a piece of advice I got from King Paimon. This way, there won’t be any confusion as to who agreed to what, who owes what to whom, and where the deal ends.

8 Likes

Precisely. And it is not just with demons (as the idea of deals is associated with them), but any spirit.

6 Likes

Might have something to do with causing jealousy in that sense when working with multiple spirits at the same time. Although, personally, if a spirit has been around a long time but they care so much about something so seemingly trivial, I’d be a bit wary of them, it’s a bit odd. In that sense, I suppose one would also have to be careful about what spirit you work with.

This would make sense only if your dealing with certain fae. So if your calling on Lilith as one the fae Queens, then I get it. as saying thank you is a cancellation of bond or contract they prefer gifts as thank you rather than saying it.

If you have appropriate knowledge, and know what you want, and have sufficient self control, would this be appropriate safeguard ?