Candles

Don’t hate me about it, but i couldn’t find a thread or solid information
( i mean the information is different on like every website)

But what does every candle color mean? so for what magic is what color? I assume they have something to do with chakra colors? I know that black candle is for baneful workings, and red for passion - but how about all the others?

Can you miss-use a candle? Does it make a difference if the candle that you bought was afterall white from the inside, and only lets say “black” or some other color outside, because many of them are like that in regular shopping malls… At least where i live.

When some spell requires you to burn your whole candle, do you really have to do it even if it would take so long you have to sleep while its still burning? - so i guess i would have to have some fireproof structure to put them on. Also does it matter what they stand on, and it’s color? and so on…

Go with what the colours mean to -you-. That’s what gives them potency in the ritual anyway.

Hes right. you can look it up online. but depending on what kind of works you’re doing it changes. when I first startedstarted worry myself to death that I have the wrong colors for this the wrong colors for that just go with it. I remember when I started first I had to have an athame than chalice, than black candles, then collected every color of candles, had to make an oak alter not anything else cheap, had to know everything about everything so I didn’t make a mistake. hell I could see how someone could become a researcher and collector rather than a magician…

The “meanings” given to the colours is dependent on what the colour means to you, as well as the system you’re using.

Red - Mars, violence, passion, love, hate, war, murder, sex, rape, blood

Green - Mother earth, green trees, grass, birth, life, giving, healing, nurturing

Yellow - Protection, watching over, enveloping with light, dispelling fear

Orange - Productivity, reproductivity, accomplishment of work and goals, hard work and the reward there from

Black - Absorbing all other colors, bringing into oneself, death, ancient, unknown

Indigo - Spiritual awareness, intuition, self-knowledge, clairvoyance, expansion of Soul

Violet - Divinity, Union with self and with the Absolute, unlimited growth, Mastery

White - Peace, tranquility, drifting clouds, quiet

That’s an extrat from WoD if I remeber well, I had it like a sticky note lol

but yeah, Claidheam is totally right because is not the color what makes the magic but you.

[quote author=EpicGnome link=topic=2871.msg35881#msg35881 date=1395189153]

Red - Mars, violence, passion, love, hate, war, murder, sex, rape, blood

Green - Mother earth, green trees, grass, birth, life, giving, healing, nurturing

Yellow - Protection, watching over, enveloping with light, dispelling fear

Orange - Productivity, reproductivity, accomplishment of work and goals, hard work and the reward there from

Black - Absorbing all other colors, bringing into oneself, death, ancient, unknown

Indigo - Spiritual awareness, intuition, self-knowledge, clairvoyance, expansion of Soul

Violet - Divinity, Union with self and with the Absolute, unlimited growth, Mastery

White - Peace, tranquility, drifting clouds, quiet

These are actual from first flame exercise 3 i beleive. Wod only talked about black red and violet.