Candle method

I always refer to and call my person of interest by the shortened version of her first name and I guess a lot of people might just use nick names.

So I am slightly puzzled as to what exactly to scratch down on the candle for the spell.

Since my natural way is to call her by the short version of her name, and therefore to me that is the natural link, is there any benefit to writing the full version? Also, some instructions tell you to write the first, middle and last name. I know her middle name but can’t remember if it has an ‘e’ or not on the end of it.

I am in two minds as to whether any of this matters, I have searched and not found the answer and would really like to know if anyone could kindly spare the time it would be much appreciated.
Not just by me but possibly for some others too.

1 Like

I would use the nickname if that makes the most sense to you. This is your magick and you just gotta go with what feels right. Whatever your gut tells you to do in your spell, that is the right answer. Let it flow.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply Oneis3 :slightly_smiling_face:

I was thinking the same, in my case I think it wouldn’t matter either way because I know her so well.
Although her full name would require a longer candle lol.

1 Like

What is this candle spell for? Love, healing, revenge, other? And is your person a human or spirit?

1 Like

Hello Emperor and thank you for replying :slightly_smiling_face:

The candle spell is for love and to create the spark of lust in her. She is human.
I know there is sexual attraction in her for me but she keeps it under wraps due to her fears of what love, sex and relationships have done to her in her past. In a way I see it as a healing.
Definitely not a one night stand request, it is for developing our relationship.

I have attracted her back to me many times with LoA and seen impossible circumstances change to the letter of what I was asking. It’s just the passion aspect of our relationship that eludes me.

So I know I have what I need inside me and it seems that it’s her fears and limitations that get in the way. She actually told me she knows it’s because of her and not me.

We have known each other a very long time and no matter what has happened along the years, we always find a way back to each other and pick up from where we left off. There is a deep friendship connection and you might call it a soul connection too. There is a spark inside her but she keeps it too well under control.

This is why I have come here, looking for the way to open up what’s closed… lol.

I was thinking that because there is already love there, albeit hidden on her behalf, the effects of a love spell might also stay hidden. Maybe this is why some people report a low success rate with love spells? I can only guess at this stage.

Anyway, it’s awesome that you replied Emperor, I was just thinking of how good it could be if we made contact !!
Being new here I don’t yet have PM privileges so you replying to my message is a pretty cool success :smile:

I could say more about my journey etc. but would rather do that privately and if you would care to PM me then that would be most welcome.

I have been reading some of your many posts. Enthralling, and I will be reading more.

Ok, short answer. You want to write her full name, birthdate, and city where she’s born.

I’ll see if i can put something together for you. Brb

Hey thank you Emperor.

I know her details.

Looking forward to what’s next :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll use some simple non-initiate Vodou for this one. This rite is taken from pp130 - 132 of Kenaz Filan’s book Vodou Love Magick, which is a kickass book btw.

Here’s a love oanga to Simbi Makaya. You need:

Do this:

• Put Papa Legba’s vever on the floor. Sprinkle some white rum on the floor around it. Ask Papa Legba to open the gate for Simbi to come through.
  • Put a shot of rum next to the candle on the table. Put Simbi’s vever nearby.
  • Put the ovenproof dish on a fireproof surface on an ovenproof dish in the middle of the floor, away from anything flammable.
  • Sprinkle some Florida Water (or rubbing alcohol) on a paper towel, then moisten the bottom of the dish.
  • Put the darning needle in the dish.
  • Light the candle on the table and conjure Simbi to do this work for you.
  • Pour some Florida Water (or rubbing alcohol) into the dish on the needle, about a shot glass worth.
  • Ignite the Florida Water (or rubbing alcohol) in the dish. As it burns, feel Simbi’s energy flowing into the needle.
  • The flames will burn out relatively quickly. Let the dish and needle cool down for up to 20 minutes.
  • In the meantime, write your name on one of the brown papers, and your lover’s name on the other.
  • Take equal lengths of the red and black thread - around 3 feet will be enough.
  • Put the brown papers together with your names touching.
  • Put the threads through the now cool darning needle and sew the papers together around the outside of the paper. Imagine Simbi dancing between you two and tying you together as you sew.
  • Fold the Simbi vever around the brown papers, using the rest of the thread to tie the papers together. As you do this, ask Simbi to bind your destinies and bring you two together in love, lust, or whatever you want.
  • Promise Simbi a reward when the magick works.
  • Put the oanga in a safe place where nobody will see it.

Make sure you live up to your promise. The loi in Vodou are vindictive if you break your word.

Whenever you want this spell to kick in harder, ‘feed’ the papers in this way:

• Light a red vulva candle for Simbi, with his vever carved into it.
  • Pour him a shot of rum in a shot glass
  • Hold the papers and state your desires clearly and loudly, while spraying Florida Water or rubbing alcohol with Cayenne pepper on it.
  • Pay attention to exactly how much rum you offered him to keep this oanga strong, and how often.
  • Your oanga will grow stronger the more you feed the papers.

Vodou is hard magick. There is a very real chance your beloved may become dangerously obsessed with you. If it’s too hot for you to handle this shit, destroy the vever and charm you made while giving Simbi at least twice what you offered him in the first place to undo the oanga. Also call the police if you need to and cut off all contact from your ex if they become dangerous.

Try that.

3 Likes

Thank you for replying so soon.

Those instructions look absolutely fascinating !!
I will get my supplies together and I can’t wait to try this :grin:

Wow. Your last sentence was an eye opener too lol.
What kind of reward should I make to Simbi ?

Excited now.

Put out a bottle of rum in a glass on his sigil when you get what you want. Do this every full moon night as long as your relationship lasts. See what happens then.

Also, skry his vever and ask him what else he wants from you; he should tell you through intuitive hunches, so pay attention.

1 Like

Why can’t Simbi just be asked to turn the lust, sex, passio. On but you don’t want her to go crazy or to not harm you in a bad way. Oh I guess I tell you why that won’t work because you have to let go to let him do his work and you can not limit a loa to how far they can help you! Do you agree