Can you intertwine magick of influence with DOM ritual?

Hello to all my fellow gods and goddesses! I’m a new member here but I’ve been a student of esoteric studies for a good solid year and I casually delve into both LHP and RHP respectively…i do you have a question for my seasoned mages out there…i recently purchased both Demons of magick by Gordon winterfield and magick of influence by corwin hartgrove…is it possible to simply use Hargrove’s method to work with the 72 goetia demons listed in DOM and still render great results? I’ve had success with magick of influence and I favor his method over winterfields method mainly due to time efficiency purposes but has anyone plugged Hargrove’s method to invoking all 72 goetia spirits and experienced results?

3 Likes

Imo, yes, the best rituals are the ones you design yourself. When you take the tools you have and customise something personal I feel the magik is stronger for it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I could imagine you could because corwins method resonates with me well and I’ve experienced countless results from using it…unfortunately he doesn’t list all 72 spirits in his book but if a practitioner mastered the art of invocation meshing both books the possibilities could be endless…has anyone on this forum intertwined both systems before???

I haven’t used any of the magick, but I do own the book and the methods appear to be rather similar. They both incorporate God-names, the demon’s companion Shem angel, and angelic emissaries, so you ought to be able to use the Hargrove method just fine. If you want to add some more to the ritual you could include all the Names included in DoM too (Hargrove just uses IAO).

1 Like

That’s a very good point as well…i enjoy the ritual one method in DOM but compared to Hargrove methods it seems to be too time consuming for me…im planning on embarking on multiple rituals meshing the two books together so I’ll keep you guys updated as well

@LEXTALIONES why did you make the exact post twice, under two different titles?

https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/t/new-member-here-with-a-serious-question/51587

Duplicate threads are against forum rules.

3 Likes

Busted

2 Likes

@LEXTALIONES also please do a proper introduction. Do not simply copy this post again.

1 Like

I deleted the duplicate, below is @DarkestKnight’s reply from that:

Look forward to reading your intro, information here:

3 Likes

I have seen this many times over… The OP didn’t get the answers he was looking for in his first topic posting. Sooo… he simply creates another posting topic with the same requests or questions to see if he can get the answer he’s looking for. Which doesn’t work of course. Frustrating.

2 Likes