Can you hang on to a sigil?

I was wondering if I could make a good luck sigil, charge it, fold it up and keep it in my phone case. If I did so, would I have to replace it from time to time?

1 Like

You would have to charge it from time to time or set of parameters for it to charge on it’s own.

1 Like

That makes sense. I didn’t know sigil could charge themselves.

Mmm. I look at it similar as I do a servitor if its a hand made sigil. It has a job and a purpose and you draw it up-essentially programing it. You destroy it to get rid of it… etc.

Granted that might not make sense.

1 Like

I kind of understand. I just have to draw it up with the intent of it self charging every few weeks or so, right? That seems simple enough.

Well. You need a source to charge from. I’ve read about people putting sigils into their phone cases-with the intent that the sigil charges every time their phone does. It could be from looking at it and giving it attention, laying it in the sun or whatever, but you need a source of energy to charge it with or … i guess without a source if it was self charging it would drain from the environment around it? Honestly I don’t I know where it would come from for sure or if it even would without a source.

Perhaps @anon84423462 might have an idea on this? Seems like I had a conversation with them about servitors recently so he/she/it might have a better idea than my theories.

2 Likes

Something similar to what OP is saying is already been doing in Islamic practices, so answer is yes.

It can be recharged regularly with some kind of chanting, hell, if OP knows what he/she is doing, it will only take to send energy via their hands.Some visualisation and directing the energy will suffice.

Of course a construct servitor would work good for this too, if OP does not want to regularly work on it.Or even binding a spirit to it would work.Possibilities are endless imo.

2 Likes

I see. I’m not experienced enough to create a servitor or charge it at will but I think charging it when my phone does seem like the best solution for me. I appreciate the input.

Technically, what you are talking about is called a talisman, and yes, you would give it an initial charge, and then periodically recharge it whenever you feel it’s energy waning.

1 Like

Hmm, I wasn’t aware that would be a talisman. Does that mean that making said sigil would work better on something a bit sturdier like cardboard?

Generally, yes. If you plan to carry it around with you, something heavier than paper is usually recommended but paper will work in a pinch.

My personal choice is usually poster board, as it is sturdier, and almost as flexible as paper, but not as unwieldy as cardboard can be.

One option that many magicians have used with success is to laminate the talisman to prevent wear and tear while carrying it around.

Talismans were traditionally engraved into metals corresponding to whatever powers were being called upon.

2 Likes

@Blackmore I just wanted to add on to possibilities :smiley:, what you said is %100 doable.

Hint:Idek why I got tagged here :joy:

1 Like

I’m gonna try it with posterboard. Thank you for for the help.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes so you certainly can keep it for as long as you want

1 Like

What I do is make a sigil and leave it for a couple days so it can charge it’s self. After those days I pull it out give it a final kick of energy and burn it. As it’s burning I imagine all of that build up energy exploding and causing change. Be specific on how long you want it to last while making it. Like this “I have good luck for two weeks”. After that I would renew the sigil.

2 Likes