Can spirits die?

In other words
can spirits die?
Yes, but spiritual death doesn’t mean it’s over.
A rebirth happens.
A whole new being comes into existence.

4 Likes

There are curses that stop a human spirit from reincarnating or passing on. Makes them eternally trapped… However I find it quite excessive. It can be done for human spirits but gods? To me daemon are animated concepts, animated thoughts, the language of the universe. They simply cannot eternally die in my opinion

If you’re destroyed by an member of the nine that’s what occurs.

Anyway to clear up my thoughts. Is it possible: yes. Is it permanent: not really. They can reanimate themselves. Is it lengthy: if you’re not skilled enough. Is it hard: depends on who you’re killing.

2 Likes

IMO, the sprits are pure form of energy and so as a result of that “purity” they do not need or require to recycle ie disintegrate and reintegrate like many forms around universe, so they do not need to “die“
However, in myths we see personification of gods so many times, at least for the sake of stories and maybe to make things chewable for most indeed; they die but respawn somehow.
As an example we have here Baal cycle.
• Yam wants to rule over the other gods and be the most powerful of all
• Baʿal Hadad opposes Yam and slays him
• Baʿal Hadad, with the help of Anath and Athirat, persuades El to allow him a palace
• Baʿal Hadad commissions Kothar-wa-Khasis to build him a palace.
• King of the gods and ruler of the world seeks to subjugate Mot
• Mot kills Baʿal Hadad
• Anath brutally kills Mot, grinds him up and scatters his ashes
• Baʿal Hadad returns to Mount Saphon
• Mot, having recovered from being ground up and scattered, challenges Baʿal Hadad
• Baʿal Hadad refuses; Mot submits
• Baʿal Hadad rules again

We are not in pure form energy in that dimension, there are clear constraints for us, for our dimension of the universe and even for the universe we know, and we die as a result or we leave behind what is not pure behind maybe. The breath which binds us to the body, ceases and we die. Does our conscience continue after we die or something else, a thoughtform that we have just created during our life like an energy signature created by our aura while living or maybe do we completely cease to be; is debatable at least for me yet, maybe what we are now is just an avatar of our pure form, as said generally, In that perspective our actual avatars and their consciousness at least mostly destined to die (yet even leave traces) for the cycle and for the better but our pure form may continue; hopefully :slight_smile: So in that perspective gods generally are in purest form of energy and technically they do not need to retransform or at least maybe a cycle of dowwns and ups possible for the pure energy but as it is the peak form already so basically they do not need to die, sure these are just thoughts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Keep in mind that time is a construct of our material plane. Information and causality can and do exist on more fundamental levels of reality. In the eye of eternity, all that has ever been or will be simply is.

I think that a good sorcerer can obliterate the influence of a particular entity as it concerns their own sphere of influence, but that very act would place an indelible mark on their path. To have killed a person makes that person an important part of one’s self. Likewise, to kill a spiritual entity is certainly a different thing than to have ignored it.

As far as the true blue destruction and cessation of an observer, I’m against that. It might be possible, but I’m down with team infinity.
Onward and upward :+1:

3 Likes

Because what answers the prayers is no longer a parasitic anti-life creature that seeks stagnation and the annihilation of freedom to ascent, combined with destruction of all forms of sentient life.

Replacing that at interface level (so to speak) when 99% of the current people try to contact is the godhead within themselves anyway, is not difficult.

For the rest, I will only say that there’s a lot of confusion here between the nature of a god or spirit, and that of an idea, which probably stems in equal parts from confusion over the Divine Paradox (no offence) and chaos magick getting worked into things.

Can a human stand up after maybe 2 months’ or 2 years’ practice opening sigils and say “I’m going to kill a god today” and succeed, alone, and just because they felt like it?

Possibly not.

Can several humans, supported by ancestry back through time and a veritable army of other gods, demons, nature spirits, etc., battle a wholly parasitic being so thoroughly, whilst allied forces replace it in all areas where people will attempt to recreate it, that it is entirely destroyed?

I state yes based on experience, observation, and actual practice, which came after some 25 years of being dedicated (in increasing amounts) to that specific aim.

But to argue that point any longer is undignified, and would increasingly require me to share things I work hard to forget regarding the nature of what was done. I logged my experiences in this thread back in 2016, and that’s about as much as I want to share on ’em. :wink:

Constructively, I think a good test for delusion regarding a piece of work may be:

• Can you function normally in life without thinking about the (whatever) for periods of many days at a time?

• Do you have solid self-worth, including the ability to accept flaws, and find rewarding experiences and fulfilment in areas unrelated to (whatever)?

• Do you have realistic goals in mundane life and magick that are not escalations of (whatever) and are not related directly to it?

• Are you able to maintain civil conversations with people who are not aware of, or do not essentially accept, the reality of (whatever)?

• Did anyone else witness (whatever) in a way that could not be due to prompts or other shared information received prior to this?

• Did previous events in your life over a period of several years lead up to (whatever), without you being consciously aware of this?

• Have any changes manifested in the observed reality of others that correspond to the expected results from (whatever)?

Where I have observed people who have a delusional belief about something, they usually fall at 2 or 3 of these hurdles, at least – in some cases of people who have been on this forum, more than that.

Just spitballing though, so long as someone is happy and not being rude or obnoxious on here, they might as well believe some crazy shit. :wink:

6 Likes

“That is not dead which can eternal lie
for in strange aeons, even death may die”

5 Likes

The nine?

Fair enough, that makes sense. Apologies if I sounded like I was disparaging your assertion of deicide; I’m just trying to understand how something like this is possible. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not a sentence one reads often! :rofl:

4 Likes

I think you can destroy a spirit in your personal reality like @Lady_Eva did and weaken it’s influence elsewhere. I think the other stories are just pomp as I don’t see any results like the work she did. People have claimed to devour Kek or even Odin and they are only becoming stronger. I think most of the time it’s pointless unless that spirit is posing a direct threat to you such as the case with YVH or Allah.

1 Like

In time, you’ll remember that name.

I remember Tolkien…

Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die… :thinking:

Incorrect.

Well, you could share for the rest of the class what you’re talking about, but in the meantime I’ll take Tolkien.

Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

2 Likes

One ring to rule them all and in the darkness bind them

2 Likes

That’s not my misconception to keep.

The Egyptians say that Unas is a force to reckon with

Though, energy can not be truely desrtroyed - only repurposed

4 Likes

@Aiden_Crow why bother bringing up something then if you’re not going to explain what you’re talking about? Pointless.

Thanks for the name! I hadn’t heard of this pharaoh-turned-god before. I have to admit, the so-called “Cannibal Hymn” is pretty badass.

Awesome-Demon-300px

4 Likes

LHP self-as-god, indrawing all he has created… it’s all hidden in plain sight! :rofl:

3 Likes

And this is essentially the process of spiritual warfare taught in black magick of ahriman :laughing:

The idea being in the case of ahura mazda
"Your propose is to limit and halt my progress so i consume you and yours and bring them within the blackened fire to fuel my own soul!"

Through the process one intakes the and retakes the “power” of order and perceived limits to be wielded as a force. This turns the perceivable limit into points of expressed power and points of oppurtunity.

3 Likes