Can someone teach me how to sell my soul?

Fight 'im for it?

1 Like

That’s a legit question

:crossed_swords:️

That’s my impression. When a god takes something and you want it back, you fight them for it. Seemed to work out well in Greek mythology.

3 Likes

Worth a shot 🤷

Rites of blashphemy serve that purpose maybe? Cleansing away the grubby paw prints he left all over ya?

It might 🤷

3 Likes

Mostly likely they didn’t succeed in giving their soul away, but maybe their life?
reclaiming your life from jehovah seems more plausible.

2 Likes

They teach children to say:

" Now I lay me down to sleep I pray the Lord my soul to keep and if I die before I wake I pray the Lord my soul to take. Amen"

Every night before bed.

Sounds like deeding a soul over to me.

3 Likes

I used to do that.

And I still have my soul. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I prefer this version:

Now I lay me down to rest,
A pile of books upon my chest.
If I should die, before I wake,
That’s one less test I have to take.

3 Likes

But do you really O.O

1 Like

There ya go.

I got $5 on it …

1 Like

3 Likes

Legit man.

There’s probably merit to doing some sort of Rite of Blashphemy and Reclamation.

1 Like

I’m spitballing here of course. 🤷

Well, the Catholics have all sorts of words to differentiate between different levels of worship/adoration/honor. So that they can safely say they don’t worship saints, per se. Latria for God et al., dulia for the saints, hyperdulia for Mary. English doesn’t make such nice differentiations.

To OP: On the one hand, I believe it is possible to commit one’s soul to a deity (such as to Jesus or Krishna or Amitabha Buddha). On the other hand, I do not believe it is possible to sell your soul. You can make pacts, agreements, etc., that may appear like you have sold your soul, but even so your soul belongs to you.

And various spiritual entities - angels and demons and ghosts - don’t want your soul. They all want something, which differs by type of entity.

1 Like

Yeah totally, anything that can help you break the mind control and become un-polarized.

But be careful the pendulum can swing from one extreme to the other
the “white lighter” to “dark edgelord”.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Totally agree.

1 Like

When I was a little kid hiding from closet monsters, I did a bit of philosophy that started my path as a sorcerer.

I knew that there weren’t any physical beings in my room with me, but that thought did nothing to stop the terror. I knew that my blanket wasn’t going to stop any physical attack, but it was helping somehow. My greatest fear was looking out from under my blanket and seeing a monster. I was afraid of the fear. The monsters were sucking my fear like vampires, obviously. They were from some kind of shadow plane and my reaction to them gave them power over this material plane like some kind of spiritual gasoline. It made so much sense that I threw my blanket off and starred into the closet daring one of them to show its self. It did. I saw a weird face with colored feathers peek out and then hide again. I got up, turned on the light, grabbed my stuffed Snoopy and sat down in the closet.

I visualized my soul. It was a ball of light in the center of my chest. I figured that this was the source of energy that the psychic vampires were after. I decided that it was infinite in nature, but that it had a limited amount of flow at any given moment. I focused on Snoopy and pushed a steady ray of soul power into the doll until it formed a ball of its own.

I told Snoopy that he could have as much power as he needed and in return he would manage the feeding of the vampires. The vamps were welcome to my energy, but they had to be reasonable and treat me and Snoopy with respect. I figured that over time, my energy would fufill the dark creatures and make them less desperate and greedy. They would also be likely to protect a source of free energy.

I haven’t thought about that in a long time. I was a pretty good magician when I was five.

Anyhow, I think the soul is a potent resource. You can give away your energy, but you can’t sell it.

3 Likes

That’s a badass idea at 5. All those spirits that love to feed on kids were now guarding you as long as Snoopy gave them energy. :metal:

1 Like