Can someone explain?

Can someone explain this to me. Bcause it sounds like forcing a spirit against their will?

1 Like

It is.

It’s always way easier to ask someone – whether they be a spirit or a human – to do something for you rather than forcing them to do it. You’ll get much nicer results.

2 Likes

Exactly…

Which means about the equlivant of rape.

1 Like

To me it seems like the equivalent of commissioning an artist to draw something for you and inviting them over to your house to discuss the project, vs. kidnapping an artist and keeping them in your basement and then justifying it by saying, “But I still paid them when they were done!”

2 Likes

I think it also comes down to a different perspective on the energies themselves. If you only see them as tools or forces, rather than as individuals or some other form of consciousness, then it would make sense to take a more direct route.

I fall more into the demonolatry camp, so this isn’t how I would roll.

2 Likes

I just have really mixed emotions about it. I’ve never used it with any enitiy. But I can’t deny I’ve had some experiences with it that were pretty intense. I just don’t like feeling used and discarded. Or forced into something I may or may not want to do.

Safe, Sane , and Consensual should apply to more than just BDSM. I don’t mind being tied up and spanked as long I agreed to it first.

Idk… I am very torn on how I feel about it.

It just seems better to have someone say sure I’ll help you and in return xyz and it’s consensual and not forced on anyone. With out their consent.

1 Like

They use people us the tables are turned and they can. I’m qualmless about binding evocation.

That’s all well and good until the spirit figures out what you did. And some are up under your nose and you wouldn’t know it. And then the tables turn.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s dangerous. If your guard and your defenses are down you’re open to retribution no doubt. That’s a mindset worth keeping as a magician anyway and by the time you’re doing Goetia you should be well equipped to preclude it, by no means should it be a first art or one to take up lightly.

That said I’m not gonna invoke most demons and risk a table turn at the get go, I’ll take my chances dig in my defenses and they can come and get it if they’ve got a problem lel.

1 Like

Interesting.

Would you be up for a challenge?

1 Like

What’d you have in mind?

Just use the seal of the sorcerer and evoke or invoke the goddess Hecate and make a pact. Use at least a few drops of your blood.

I’m curious to see something.

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

Awesome thank you!

1 Like