Can someone explain E.A. Koetting's newest video

So you’re either saying that you consider clairvoyance, clairaudience and the like are what you were referring to as superpowers, or I’m not following. If it is the former, those aren’t considered superpowers, this isn’t a television show. I also think that claiming people have never seen others possessing such abilities is disingenuous, there are people that perform group rituals, as well as group rituals in the Astral. Lastly, I doubt people require your yogic scriptures to acquire these abilities, since, you know, every culture on the planet had magic long before they were exposed to yogic ideas…

So you should be perfectly aware of my point regarding the fact that yogic ideology is far removed from what most consider LHP. Since most of their ideas regarding immortality revolves around destruction of the self…

This point was addressed in my previous post. And to some extent yes. But Taoism like the Western occult is extremely broad, our interpretations of LHP and RHP can be applied to it. Our interpretation of LHP does not exist in Buddhism or Hindu. I’ve already mentioned this, their LHP is our RHP. Taoism has many sects, most have different beliefs. I’ve mentioned two sects above, the Lotus and the Mao Shan, vastly different ideals. The Lotus tradition doesn’t really work with chakras. The Mao Shan tradition uses them only if you feel the need to.

Ovid, a great Roman, once said, “It is right to learn, even from your enemies.” The Chinese elements (Wu Xing) aren’t elements in the Western sense, one should learn from them. Taoist sects all tend have different goals with regards to inner alchemy.

Edit: On the subject of your claim that people seek abilities that they haven’t ever seen people possess. I think you’re mistaking the “Enlightenment culture” plaguing the Western world today with others. Are you saying there aren’t people who have more superstitious cultures around the world? The Rodnovery and Sami? The Asiatic cultures aren’t superstitious when they have all kinds of Taoist, Buddhist, and Hindu priests that remove curses or heal them?

In my country, the majority (blacks) are highly superstitious, and generally believe in muti, magic, which is why they sacrifice other people, especially albinos. Long before I was into magic, when I was a teen, I had multiple objective spiritual experiences. From hearing a spirit make strange noises in a living room full of really scared young teens, to being flung across a room, to watching people in the township (I used to deliver chemicals to rural schools since I used to work at a cleaning chemical manufacturer) getting dragged by strange forces.

This might seem like mumblings to you, but perhaps your “Enlightenment culture” has deprived you of these experiences, not me. You can look up “Muti killings South Africa” anytime.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILqbQckeUa0

Perhaps part of the objective reality in your part of the world is a subjective reality in other parts, which is why you’re less likely to believe in objectively experienced spiritual phenomena.

2 Likes

I skimmed what you said because in most cases it’s just an attempt to argue with little knowledge of why you’re arguing about. However the little I did read, no I’m not new age because for me to be new age would be for me to actually follow currents that have been altered and changed in a new age way in which case it would be wrong because I experience first and foremost. Don’t mix me with you thanks.

And again to my last previous point, I’m not you. My value on them are based on experience not reading about them, sheeple who try and remove something because some guy on YouTube said it is sheeple. Whether you like it or not it’s sad.

Now that’s all I really read because I didn’t plan to really give you any attention based on the observation of most your input in threads.

3 Likes

For me to be new age means to mix occult currents which is a recent phenomena, which is exactly what you’re doing. You skimmed parts because you live in denial that you’re new age.

Sheeple who believe in chakras because somebody told them to aren’t sheeple? I can’t remove something I never had. I’m defending his position that it is an imposed system.

If you believe that you’re free to as I said I have no intention with feeding your boredom. So if in your reality I’m in denial than I will allow you to believe that.

Sheeple are people who do something and believe something because of what they’re told. You act like the text you never worked on your chakras is suppose to surprise me given I don’t really hold you as some esteemed practitioner in the first place. So I’m not sure what you part you want me to care because I don’t recall me calling you sheeple but more like you just took it upon yourself to defend your view :man_shrugging: but again you’re free to view it that way my opinion on new age and sheeple remains.

1 Like

I have been on this path before, about a decade ago, and I did work with chakras, based on the JOS system, that was what we had in South Africa. This is part of the reason I left the path, chakras didn’t resonate with me.

Nope, I came upon them on my own long before having access to the internet or books on chakras. However, given you don’t know the entirety of my beliefs that were formed around my own experiments it’s not much way this can go.

No one forces you to follow the idea of chakras, so not sure what you’re defending. My belief on chakras are purely experiences not following what someone else says. So if you don’t believe in them, okay? That wasn’t the point of any of the posts aforementioned.

You can’t read I guess because no one ever told me about the chakra system as I’ve stated prior. But that’s okay.

Yeah you discovered them on your own and called them chakras, never worked with any magical training paradigm that taught you about chakras whatsoever, you just woke up one day and could do magic. I believe you…

I’m defending the idea that it’s an imposed system of belief, that limits the LHP practitioner since these concepts were primarily created to suit a RHP paradigm. Nobody forces you to follow any idea, but by being exposed to it you either adopt or reject it. Having adopted it, it is a system thus imposed upon you.

My main point is you’re a hypocrite, calling people sheeple when submitting to mainstream ideas, such as the chakras which are mainstream in occult circles, yourself. Also, you call them chakras, so I don’t believe you’re not subjected to the ideals that accompany that word. It is an imposed word with imposed ideas.

1 Like

I don’t worship him. I’m pointing out the fact that you took the time to come on his forum, to insult other people who don’t share your exact opinion regarding chakras by calling them sheeple, thus simpletons.

If you weren’t so emotionally distraught at your hero rejecting your beliefs, why waste your time arguing and insulting people then? I’d say you’re triggered.

And you’re very much allowed to view it that way all of you just said if it’s true in your mind that’s all that matters :+1: it’s fine with me mate completely.
Only one triggered is you, I’m allowed to discuss just as you for some reason have been allowed to start arguments any chance your bored existence online allows.

Did you have fun? I’m glad I could help.

Next personal insult in this thread wins an exciting 24 hour suspension. :+1:

7 Likes

It might be interesting to find actual sources for the history of our understanding of the chakra system?

I found this on a brief search:

The main text about chakras that has come to us in the West is a translation by the Englishman, Arthur Avalon, in his book,The Serpent Power published in 1919. These texts: the Sat-Cakra-Nirupana, written by an Indian pundit in 1577, and the Padaka-Pancaka, written in the 10th century, contain descriptions of the centers and related practices. There is also another 10th century text, called the Gorakshashatakam, which gives instructions for meditating on the chakras. These texts form the basis of our understanding of chakra theory and Kundalini yoga today.

In these traditions, there are seven basic chakras, and they all exist within the subtle body, overlaying the physical body. Through modern physiology we can see that these seven chakras correspond exactly to the seven main nerve ganglia which emanate from the spinal column. There are minor chakras mentioned in the ancient texts, the soma chakra, located just above the third eye, and the Anandakanda lotus, which contains the Celestial Wishing Tree (Kalpataru) of the Heart Chakra, and other texts mention minor sub-levels to the major chakras.

Source: History of the Chakra System - Sacred CentersSacred Centers

If people have other sources (or care to find them) perhaps we can compare notes?

I haven’t watched the video, but I did read the newsletter, and saw no mention of the lower chakras:

diagram

Thoughts, anyone?

2 Likes

I would like to add this video to that. It goes onto the history and ancient teachings directly from the source material. It can be a bit slow paced and is just over an hour long, but the information is invaluable.

2 Likes

I thought this was an interesting link, there was one that mentioned more than 7 majors but I have to try and dig it up:

2 Likes

5 Likes

I already explained them. Have a nice day.

I agree that any system which has, as its apex goal, total renunciation of the world and formless merger back into Source is anti-life.

Whether the chakra system as 1. understood prior to the new age and 2. innately, in its own right, can only be used to facilitate that anti-life goal is another question.

The RHP methods used within yoga can equally be used for personal individuated ascent. :thinking:

2 Likes

Very nice find. I will post the website for everyone as it has some awesome free resources :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is my point.

This is a good point, but why waste your time on it when there is no actual need for it?