Can someone convince me that Enochian magick is legit?

The only suffixes for angels are ‘-el’ coming from the Paleo-Hebrew, Ugaritic, and other ancient Canaanite languages meaning “god” and “-iah” being derived from Yahweh, the name of the God of Israel. Some angels don’t have them. Af is Hebrew for “anger (actually it’s literally translated as nostril but now is not the time)”, Dumah is Aramaic for Silence, so on, so forth.

2 Likes

And ‘-on’ which is the first name of God according to the book of Soyga (which book funnily enough is mentioned by Dee)

I don’t have much experience with Enochian Magick, I skryed two Aethyrs years ago but couldn’t proceed because my skills weren’t developed enough.
I do perform the Watchtower Ritual (Golden Dawn style) and this incorporates some Enochian in it. I have noticed every time that it has an effect on my perception of time. The rest of the day and the day afterwards, time goes extremely slow.
And I recently wrote a small ritual with the Angels of medicine (based on Donald Tyson). I posted it on here.

I doubt that it’s a suffix, I only know of four angels who have “-on” at the ends of their names: Metatron, Sandalphon, Abaddon, and Zephon. Abaddon means “destruction” and Zephon means “North”, both in Hebrew. And no one knows the etymology of Metatron and Sandalphon (though there are many theories), so we have no way of knowing if on is a true suffix, or if it’s part of the word that Metatron and Sandalphon are supposed to be.

If you can find unambiguous examples of “-on” actually functioning as a true suffix, like Raphael (“Rapha” is Hebrew for “heal”, and “-el” is the Hebrew word for “god”: hence healing of God or God’s Healing) and Elemiah (“Elem” is the Hebrew word for “hidden”, and “-iah” is the theonym for Yahweh" hence the name means Yahweh is Hidden or Hidden by Yahweh)

I am open to being corrected, but I just don’t see “-on” as being a true suffix in angelogy.

1 Like

Hi @StewardofSophia
There are lots of other ones that end on ‘-on’.
Purson (it is said) was an angel of the order of virtues before he fell.
Pammon is an angel of the 6th hour of the night.
Paimon (it is said) was an angel of the order of dominations before he fell.

(Yes, I opened the Dictionary of Angels on the letter P lol…)

Of Metatron it is said that he could be Mithra. This might explain why his name is often spelled as Metraton (instead of Metatron) in old texts.

I haven’t searched for etymologies yet. I might add to this later.

1 Like

Simply ending with letters does not qualify as a suffix. Abel ends with “-el” but it’s not a suffix, Abel is the Hebrew word for “breath”

There aren’t any etymology that I could find with my Google-Fu. I put “purson” into the wiktionary and it came up with a Greek word (πυρσόν [purson]) which means “torch, beacon, and signal fire”. Which would be significant because one of his abilities is to show find hidden things, especially treasure.

I couldn’t find an etymology for Pammon, not even on wiktionary.

Using his other spelling (Paymon), Wiktionary showed me “پیمان” which is Persian for “pact, promise, or commitment”, which significant for reasons that I believe you to know without me spelling it out.

1 Like

The Enochian Apocalypse - Sub-Figura vel Liber Caeruleus (Suggest to start off with this one) :slight_smile:

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/cienciareal/cienciareal06.htm

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/cienciareal/crystal_tablet/tsrl11.htm

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/bb/john_dee.htm

Hope this extra information helps.

1 Like

If my initial suggestion (that On is the first name of God - as stated in the book of Soyga) than these examples would qualify as having the suffix On (and not just ending on those letters for no reason)
Following the thought that Metatron might be a transcription of Mithra, I looked for a translation of PURS in Persian. This is a word that means ‘to pressure / to question’.

We are derailing this thread but I absolutely would love to continue this talk with you.

1 Like

I was reading this archive conversation and I picked up Corwin Hargrove’s Universal Magick. At the outset he says some incredible things, summarized/annotated as follows; that when you read about Enochian Magick you hear about many warnings and and stories about the potential dangers. Respected authors and forum-fanatics share their dread of Enochian. It terrifies people.

Is there a valid reason? Enochian gives people the sense of the supernatural faster than anything else. And that scares people. It needn’t do, but it does.

A complete beginner may cast their eyes over the Enochian sigils or Words of Power and sense a vibrant, strange energy. Magick is real and Enochian makes that so clear that it can be disturbing. Even people who have worked magick for years may have never sensed the slightest presence or suprenatural effect.

Enochian changes that.

1 Like

I love that mr Hargrove used Enochian demons too in his grimoire, not just the angels.

Yeah I used it and didn’t know! Only found out later when i reread it.

I just used it a couple of hours ago. Small world moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I hope some other magician go deeper into the Enochian demons in another grimoire.