Can permanent relationships with spirits be possible?

I was just wondering. It’s normal that people come and go and the same may just as well apply to the spirits, but I was just wondering is there any spirit (Angel, Demon or whoever) that You know of that could stay faithful in a romantic and sexual relationship to a certain practitioner? I’m not saying that I want it LOL But it never hurts to learn a few things from experienced practitioners :laughing:

1 Like

No. Spirits generally have dozens of wives and lovers. While whatever aspect you marry would be “yours,” there will also be many others in relationships with that very same spirit. Spirits are multidimensional and have existed forever. It’s a bit silly to think they would be monogamous according to human mores.

3 Likes

Yes, this is an actually a thing with djinn. Djinn live far longer than humans do but there are many instances of monogamous human-spirit relationships and marriages that last as long as the human does. With this type of spirit it makes sense though as it’s thought that everyone has a personal djinn (though most do not ever become lovers, never mind more).

The same could easily apply to any other sorts of personal spirits.

With deities, if one looks at this from a mythological perspective, there are some monogamous deities. I’m still classifying them as monogamous if they’ve had multiple spouses that have come about with culture changes or if other myths were added much later (which more often than not come off as the writer’s wishful thinking). Persephone and Hades for instance are very monogamous with each other, sharply contrasting with much of the rest of the Greek pantheon (though Persephone does get some myths where she has been with others — though the authors miss the point of her role, that’s a bit much to get into here though).

On a grander scale with deities and other well known spirits, I don’t think monogamy is possible. A person could very much have this sort of relationship with a spirit, but as the prior post mentioned, it’s only one aspect of that spirit.

That aside, I would not be surprised at all if, when spirits do take on these sorts of relationships, if the souls of the people they take to in such a way come from the same soul stuff as their actual lovers/spouses/etc. At least I think that’s what’s going on some of the time. Going back to the Hades/Persephone example, if I were to hear that several human women were in a committed relationship with Hades, I’m inclined to see that as a sign that their souls, at least partially, come from Persephone. If that were the case, I’d still consider the deity as being monogamous.

(Being real though, the vast majority are not)

2 Likes

True. It certainly wouldn’t be monogamous LOL

Ok, I see, thank You :heart: