Can demons show you hidden treasures?

I heard some demons like Barbatos or Purson can find hidden treasures for you but yet, i found no experiences related to this. is it real then…? do you know anyone who found a treasure in this way?

1 Like

If you’re talking about treasure, as in a chest full of gold and jewels, etc, then no. There’s not a lot of actual treasure to be found these days, and anything that is dug up generally must be returned to those who lost it in the first place, or to the government of the area it was found in. Seldom are treasure hunters allowed to keep what they find.

If you read the grimoires, it seems like a lot of ancient magicians were obsessed with wealth, but there doesn’t seem to be any verifiable record that they were ever successful in using spirits to find treasure.

6 Likes

You can find a treasure, yeah…but its not likely going to be a hidden chest of gold left behind by some pirates long ago. A hidden treasure could be discovering some old shares of coca cola stock that your great grand daddy bought in the 1920’s that are now worth $50,000 dollars, or some old jewelry in the attic of your parents house that you inherited. etc. You don’t need to take the grimoires super literally, but the treasure you find will be of value to you in the current era.

12 Likes

Your thinking about treasure in a medieval or ancient sense. In a modern sense it might be a some misplaced drug money or a bag cash buried and long sense forgotten. There are other ways it could manifest in other ways that other people wouldn’t consider treasure at first. It might be some old antique that comes into your possession that is worth thousands of dollars. My point being “treasure” can be defined in more then one way.

4 Likes

This specifically more then anything else.

3 Likes

E. A. explained that nowadays this would translate to (for example) ways to spare and earn money. There is also who proposes “treasures” with a meaning referred to knowledge; likely of the occult type.

3 Likes

Yes this is how i interpret it. The hidden potential within each person

2 Likes