Called out

Greets and whatnot folks.
Basically it’s time for my random PSA.
If you’re called out on something, misinformation/LARP/etc. Don’t just disappear and slink into the shadows.
Defend your position as clearly and concisely as you can. Stick around.
If you’re wrong, don’t you want to correct that thought or action?
Gotta be shitty to get better.

This has been random encouragement from a stranger.:+1:

12 Likes

Peer-testing magick, something which has never been formally attempted before on this scale, was one of the original founding principles of this forum, as I recall. :thinking:

Share your work, by all means, just don’t make claims to possessing Absolute Truth™ at any time, least of all when you have like a few month’s experience, at best.

Yes, beginner enthusiasm is a real thing and can be valuable, and yes, new minds often spot flaws in old ways of thinking. but also, have a little common sense when it comes to being the ONLY bearer of Truth™! :+1:

Thsi is an example where I shared a new method of my own for others to try, and was able to back up some of the ideas in it, without needing to claim it was true, perfectly correct for everyone:

6 Likes

I always feel so special when you chime in on my threads.

I know I don’t have it all m’damn self, but I try to help with what I can with what I know.
A lot (read:all) of the work, techniques, etc I do are made up on the fly. But they work for me.
And that’s a big part of it all imo, finding what works for you.

5 Likes

It’s okay to make a mistake when you are working in good faith. Dialog there can be a productive learning experience. But when someone is caught fabricating stories to get attention, that’s not okay. Such people can never be trusted, imo. And it calls into question everything they have ever said up to that point. I have caught and called out a couple on here for doing just that

3 Likes

By all means. Call them out.
My point was for people to not just disappear when they are.
What if they have incredible potential but are initially steered in a bad direction, only to be ran away by someone?
Whatever they may have ended up being or doing, won’t happen.

1 Like

I have to agree. I also want to add there’s a difference between defending your position and being defensive, if that makes sense.

Defending a position is doing exactly what you said–being clear and concise, being open to discussion and recognizing when you have to agree to disagree. Defensive to me being when you don’t have any real evidence to back-up what you’re saying and you resort to name-calling or ranting, or–my favorite–“this is absolutely the way it is and if you don’t agree get wrecked scrub”.

It’s always good to have others check you, because sometimes you work within a bias.

I relate to this on a spiritual level. Me most days:
https://i.imgur.com/XB0s473.jpg?fb

I think when people try to beat others over the head with things it becomes obvious. I try to avoid making any proclamations about the spirits I work with/dreams I have, and hope someone calls me out if I do.

A lot of times, I’ve found, because symbols or messages can mean something drastically different from one person to another, it’s nearly impossible to have the (as @Lady_Eva said) Absolute Truth™. Also, because of that aforementioned bias, it’s nearly impossible to look at something without some sort of tunnel-vision.

I think it’s ironic this came across my dash, since I have been spending time looking at how to determine (with advanced techniques) if a spirit is lying/a thoughtform. I came across a post from @DarkestKnight (who I slightly stan on the forum, but don’t tell him) that has really stuck with me over the past few days.

Continuing the discussion from Introduction:

As I write this, I saw your most-recent response and I’m so glad it took me a minute to respond, because it ties in with my statement.

This is where I was going. It’s possibly my own bias talking, but sometimes I think there are people out there who have a potential to do something that could challenge the norm. I think there are forces out there that intentionally mislead these people in hopes of keeping them suppressed (if that makes sense). It ties into my larger thoughts on how this existence isn’t real, but that’s a conversation for another thread.

2 Likes

I have noticed people here and everywhere I go, who basically think their own experiences and views are right and the only valid ones. Really they are entitled to be that way if they want to be.

I just don’t like wasting precious time trying to convince them of my ideas when I could be doing something else more fun :stuck_out_tongue:

Energy is precious.

Pick your battles wisely.

2 Likes

That’s humanity guy.
“I am valid.”
We all want to believe our thoughts and feelings are significant and matter.

1 Like

In a nutshell, don’t probe into areas that can’t be verified. There is a particular topic that has come up wherein a couple of people have reported experiences that don’t line up with what is known on the subject. It’s an area wherein you can’t exploit the upg “get out of jail free” card.

I personally don’t subscribe to the idea that all things are relative and nothing is true. There are things about which facts are known. When upg contradicts the facts, it’s the gnosis that is called into question and not the facts themselves. Some things are relative and open to interpretation. Some things are not.

5 Likes

Oh, absolutely! Apologies if my post came across that way.

2 Likes

It didn’t. I was speaking more generally there because when you slip too far into the “all things are relative” mindset it creates a rather hazy working standard. I have seen people literally lose their minds when they lose their footing like this.

4 Likes

Well, our thoughts matter to ourselves usually. Without other thoughts to reflect upon my own thoughts probably would be pretty bland. We all learned from our environments and things/people in some way. A pure blanks late in the void… hmmm hard to say it’d know anything. Gotta say that kindness and empathy can be pretty emotional just like wrath and a wall of hatred. I can’t say the overall importance in the span of say after a world dies or galaxy. What single person will be remembered in that time?

2 Likes