Brian Froud's faeries

I always been interested in faeries but their world came closer to me when i discover Brian Froud’s work.

Mostly from The World of Faeries and Good Faerie Bad Faeries.

After many researchs, i found out people explain having faerie experiences with the sprits he drew.

What his your opinion about this? Has anybody had some? :blush:

1 Like

I work with the Fae and have done so as a native Celt, long before Frouds work. I love his art, but it’s useless for actually working with the Fae. It’s all surface appearances and those mean nothing… Because of glamours and subconscious interpretations being individual, as in dreams.

Also there are no bad fae or good ones: “There IS no good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
There are those that don’t like humans and you should leave them alone, and they will leave you alone. Bothering people who don’t want to be bothered makes you the bad guy not them, you get what you deserve.

For practical Fae work you’re better off with esoteric books rather than artwork, particularly the books about Findhorn and Perelandra.

To combine chaos magic and faerie lore this work seems fun, but I would not take this at face value as a mage, more metaphorically.I havethe book but have yet to work through it. Seems like a summer thing, and it’s late autumn where I am. :slight_smile:
https://www.amazon.com/Book-Oberon-Sourcebook-Elizabethan-Magic/dp/0738743348/ref=sr_1_1?crid=A6D51SQ8F25E

If that’s what you want just leave them presents. Bread and milk is traditional. Make faeirei houses in the garden, and be outside wit them as much as possible so they can see you and come closer.

The fae are not fiction or art, they are real and local, so to work with them you work directly with the ones who live by you.

1 Like

Thank you for the answer :blush:

I loved Finhold writting about them and the all story of their Pan.

I leave them sugary offerings and homemade maid.

1 Like
1 Like