Breath and the Darkness Meditation

Hey All,

I am having trouble finding the appropriate method of pranayama to go allong with the Darkness meditation as given in Works of Darkness and the OAA material. My usual method of breathing for meditation is simply in and out through the nose. I’ve done the meditation breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth as well as just through the nose, but I find it difficult to stay relaxed when exhaling through the mouth.

I am just wondering what breathing method others have found to be effective and would recommend. Any advice would be appreciated.

3 Likes

I use just nose breathing, no problems, I also find if difficult to alternate with the mouth as I find it a bit unnatural.

That’s exactly how it feels to me. Thanks Soundwave. Its nice to know there are others who feel the same.

1 Like

Before I learned the art, a breath was just a breath.
After I learned the art, a breath was no longer a breath.
Now that I understand the art, a breath is just a breath.

[quote=“Poete Maudit, post:4, topic:1373”]Before I learned the art, a breath was just a breath.
After I learned the art, a breath was no longer a breath.
Now that I understand the art, a breath is just a breath.[/quote]

Isn’t that a martial arts quote about a punch being a punch and a kick being a kick?

[quote=“DarkestKnight, post:1, topic:1373”]Hey All,

I am having trouble finding the appropriate method of pranayama to go allong with the Darkness meditation as given in Works of Darkness and the OAA material. My usual method of breathing for meditation is simply in and out through the nose. I’ve done the meditation breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth as well as just through the nose, but I find it difficult to stay relaxed when exhaling through the mouth.

I am just wondering what breathing method others have found to be effective and would recommend. Any advice would be appreciated.[/quote]

The excercise wich entrances me more at the moment is the First Master Arcane from a System of Caucasian Yoga of Count Stefan Colonna Walewski (it’s about mazdaznan)

You inhale fully for 7 seconds, stop 1 second, exhale fully for 7 seconds, stop for 1 second (12 times)

This is called the Master Rythm by Walewski, it’s supposed to be the rythm of the heartbeat of the Earth as he tells in his facsimil

Its not, you build resistance up, and breathe more deeply. 12 breathings wont hurt your hearts health, doritos, pizza, coke and a bad diet will do.

Jean Dubuis sugests rythm of:

1. Empty lungs, breathe in for 5 seconds

2. Stop for 5 seconds

3. Breathe out for 5 seconds

4. Stop for 5 seconds

The first master arcane develops clairvoyance as stated by Walewski, and by experiencies it is so (activates ajna)

I forget the technical name of the breathing exercise but you inhale through your nose as much air as you can take in, then try to get some more in. Then on the exhale just relax and feel the air push itself from your lungs out of your mouth, when you feel your lungs are empty push out the extra air that’s still there. I do this for about 2-3 minutes before starting any of my meditations. It puts a lot of oxygen to the brain and almost makes you feel kind of spaced out or coming down from a high. I find it helps me reach a meditative state faster. I just breath normally and concentrate on my breathing until I feel myself pretty relaxed and then meditate.

Hello all,

I would strongly suggest you research what is called “The Vase Breath” or what’s called vase breathing. Understanding the basic mechanics of this technique will assist you not only in the OAA material, but all meditation & breathing techniques. I’ll post resources when not on my cellular.

M

I’d have to concur with SW. The more “natural” the breathing…the better. In the end, regardless of what any “master” will teach you or tell you…it’s your life/spiritual discipline/YOUR happiness…do what is the most effective!

Of course this doesn’t mean to just do whatever early on. Give it a real try…something quantifiable. For myself, if I’m learning a new breath or meditation technique I’m going to give it 30-days. Now, with that being said I’m also going to be consistent - 1 hour fumbling around with the new discipline…at least. It’s the only way you are going to be able to judge for yourself what works…what doesn’t. Keep it simple in the beginning:

1. Consistent (everyday)
  2. One (1) hour
  3. Come hell or high water…EVERYDAY
    3.1. This is key - because this also builds the discipline of the actual
    “doing”, and NOT allowing us to fall into how we necessarily “feel”
    about it. All too often in my own disciplines, my “feelings” dictated if I
    was going to actual do. You will waste years…DON’T…simply BE
    CONSISTENT. Rather be consistent than hold the actual commitment
    of the one hour time.

Just my 1 cent…I don’t have any more money…I just moved into a bubble

Greetings All!

OK, as I figured, there ain’t shite out on the Internet where I can feel confident enough to direct you too. So friends…I’ll do the best I can to explain the technique:

1. Inhale through your nostrils and bring the “breathe/energy” down into your abdomen…just expand it a little.

HOLD

Now, don’t get all crazy and push your belly out, completely unnecessary. Be gentle with your self…and DON’T FORCE it!!! Relax…at ease…at ease.

1. Next, inhale through your nostrils again but bring the breathe into your lower lungs…expanding them gently.

HOLD

1. Finally, inhale through your nostrils and bring the breathe/fill the upper portion of your lungs.
    3.1. If you want to go a step further (which I personally do/use…I feel more of the breath this way), when inhaling into the upper portion of the lungs extend the energy/breath into the shoulders.

HOLD

1. Exhale - exhale from the top down

upper lungs - 1st
lower lungs - 2nd
abdomen - 3rd

*NOTE: what I’ve found to be the key over countless hours of breathe meditation is being easy. So, above when your holding the breath…be easy…nothing dramatic…be gentle…like you are holding a helpless child.

Take this type of care and I guarantee you pro-fucking-found results. It’s the simplicity of these techniques that fuck people up.

Yup…it really is this simple:)

2 Likes