Book Review/Impression: Lilith: Goddess of Darkness and Light - David Thompson

Read this book a few weeks back in kindle version. Here is a quick run-down.
David Thompson has several other books, I believe they are on Astaroth and another on Greek/Hellenite gods. Author is quite chill and kind of funny in his account of how he got into magick. A photographer in LA when he started and got into it for meeting women and such as young men may do. It does seem he has his own practice now and teaches and works with people in magick as well-so don’t let the image of the stereotype of photographer bro who takes only sexy pics of women and when their boyfriend isnt there throw you off.

The book include the expected “ancient origins/depictions of Lilith” section. Thompson recognizes two aspects of Lilith as well, “demoness” and “goddess” , and splits the book into spells associated with each. The spells are the ones everyone looks for-money, success (business or school), divination/answers, return a lover (both against will and not, demoness/goddess respectively), return friends, glamor, love, sex, curses, healing, protection (children, your partner, childbirth).

Thompson gives some advice on karmic aspects of some of the spells, though none are heavy handed. He also includes his own sigils given to him by Lilith, both in complex and simplified forms.
He also includes pathworking guides.
The rituals are well organized, as he includes a list of required items in the beginning of each. most of them are not too extra either, oils and black salt being the more exotic items to obtain. (sigils are again included, along w instruction on how to make your own petition-sigil), The rituals all suggest offerings, which vary depending on aspect of Lilith (eg. blood, meat/ honey or something sweet).
Thompson also includes a modified banishment of the Pentagram in appendix.

It is a decent book to add to your library, it is too soon to give any input on the efficacy of any of the spells as I have only done one and probably not well as I am super new to any of this.

7 Likes

I dnt read tat book ,but he know good stuff,such goddess fortuna,etc,it make wondering why banished stuff? I know Lilith love sweet stuff,honey sugar, Chocolate, meat,blood,etc,he has his own way,I not remember say Connolly to banish Lilith but different paths, others people’s not banish after call Lilith,tat way he say tat make me wonder why,good review I will get tat book.thanks

Oh its a bamishment of energies and such before calling lilith not banish lilith