Book recommendation/opinions

Hi all! Last month I gave in to the pull of the Simon Necronomicon which I first met when I was about 12 and ordered it and it started to push me down a path of wishlisting a bunch of books… I figured that getting pdfs all the time is easy and all, but I prefer grabbing a physical book and reading them that way. For my first shopping spree after my paycheck will contain some basics, like the Kybalion, Apotheosis (by Mike Ford), and Vampire Arveda Yoga.

From the recommendations section I’ve seen a trilogy of kinda cheap books called The Sacred Mystery: The Art of Mysticism, The Art of Occultism, and The Art of Magick.
My question is: are they any good? Do anyone on this forum have any experience with them? Or should I get some other foundational books which are handy to have on my bookshelf? (I also wishlisted The Complete Works of BALG, but I figured I’ll save up and get them later)

The books you buy should be according to your interests, on that depends what is foundational. According to me, Lon Milo Duquette’s books are foundational, but if you are not into Thelema nor Hermetic Qabalah, they might not be your first choice. “Draconian Ritual Book” by Asenath Mason is a basic book for the Draconian path, but again, if that doesn’t appeal you, you should go for another thing. However, reading a bit from everything is good as well

1 Like

I was thinking of something that I can hit up when I have problems - getting into theta-gamma sync, breathing techniques, mudras, mantras, step-by-step stuff, etc. The Sacred Mytery trilogy seems to be foundational in that sense, I just haven’t heard about them before.

I feel like my path might have stuff I’ll have to incorporate from Thelema and the Draconian path seems very interesting, but I’ve been slacking on my practice and I want to have solid foundations to work from, so that stuff might come in later.

1 Like

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law then n_n

I would like to recommend you a book that might help you:

"The Complete Magick Curriculum of the Secret Order G.B.G.: Being the Entire Study, Curriculum, Magick Rituals, and Initiatory Practices of the G.B.G (The Great Brotherhood of God), by Louis T. Culling and Carl Llewellyn Weschcke

it is the book that helped me the most to understand the Higher Self, which is often overlooked in LHP magic, as all the focus is put in summoning demons, which are my favorite spiritual creatures by the way

3 Likes

WOW, looking at the index of the book it feels exactly like something I was looking for… Thank you for this great recommendation, I’ll add it to my list!

2 Likes

Well im bck,ive been pondering what books to read up in more about diferent gods n goddesses and this helps alot.

1 Like

For gods and goddesses I saved Keeping Her Keys: An Introduction to Hekate’s Modern Witchcraft, someone recommended it to me last year and couldn’t find it online back then… but I was interested in Hecate since I started dabbling :smile:

1 Like

Noted i will search for this not sure i will find it but its worth try :+1: