Book of Smokeless Fire QnT (Questions and thoughts)

Hey guys, so before I share with you all my questions I had after reading some of the “book of smokeless fire” I wanted to say that I have also spoken with S Ben and he has agreed to share his thoughts.

I have asked that he could instead share it on this thread My hope is that. if you guys want to make a sigil to try to boost our chances of getting his response on here I think that’d be cool :sunglasses:

Ok so I’m reading the book of smokeless fire and it’s really enjoyable but my confusion lies within using the demons for destruction vs knowledge of arts and sciences and power/abundance building

Like if the djinn originated from Arabs (also shouldn’t there be texts of djinn originating before middle eastern folks? ancient babylon n summerian cultures as well as ancient Egypt)

How did the texts that followed the Arabs texts like the Greek goetia, end up going from using the djinn for destruction to having them service you in other ways?

Hope this question makes sense and if anyone else read the book please share your thoughts and experiences

Cheers

:beers:

3 Likes

Thats what I am trying to find out.That book is pretty well written in my opinion and, I know which 72 I am evoking after Goetia.

1 Like

So you are trying to find out the history before the middle eastern traditions as well? And trying to figure out how the Arabians texts of djinn only being malevolent switched to them being helpful in the Greek goetia?

1 Like

First I am going to find this, then I am gonna find out where do goetic demons come from, because they didnt come from a single source obviously.

1 Like

I can respect that and hopefully we get answers soon

2 Likes

Remember that destruction and creation (solve et coagula) is the alchemical formula for transformation. If you direct the destructive force of these spirits, you can create significant changes within your reality, thereby gaining knowledge from experience. Remember that these djinn are a part of your operating system and need to be controlled for you are God and Master.

Peace brother.

4 Likes

Not sure about a lot of this because I have not read the book yet but I can answer this question.

Djinn were never meant to be viewed as evil and destructive. They are destructive against people who fight them. You have to allow them to manipulate what you’ve asked them to manipulate. If you fight their will, they’ll smack you back. A lot of the horror stories of Djinn are because of idiots who did not know what they were doing deciding to work with an entity who can completely overhaul every aspect of your life. You could go from living in a van in Florida to living in a mansion in Japan. Just depends on their will for you.

The narrative of them being evil is just based off of fear of things that are misunderstood. There are stories of evil Djinn and manipulative ones and of course that is the risk that you take when working with them. If you do not understand the nature of something, study it before you work with it.

Depending who you ask Jinn / Djinn are viewed as angels in some circles.

7 Likes

I don’t know how far you’ve gotten in the book, but I have a copy. The ghul listed therein all seem to be oriented towards causing sickness, mental illness, death, and destruction. I’m not certain where you are seeing arts and sciences or abundance building anywhere in there. And the ghul aren’t the sort you want hanging around for long term work.

4 Likes

Um, no. Just no. Have a spontaneous visit from an ifrit and see if you still think this way. I have and there is no question in my mind that these spirits are not part of some internal “operating system”, whatever that is.

6 Likes

It was your journey not mine so I don’t know what you experienced. But whatever it was is still subjective because of how your mind interpreted it. Subliminal mechanisms fuck people up on a daily basis. Either way you’re still responsible and outside of your reality the djinn is just another form of energy.

4 Likes

Yea exactly that’s the problem how did these djinn go from being translated to creatures of destruction to teaching arts and sciences in the Greek goetia. I think you missed what I was saying.

1 Like

They were never viewed as creatures of destruction. The only narrative of them being destructive comes from the consequences associated with using them or manipulating them to help you. There are also stories of people who were completely destroyed by them, but they were never written that way outside of fairy tales and horror stories.

As much as I hate Wikipedia : Jinn - Wikipedia It is a very good place to look for information on the topic.

It’s the same as demons, everything that is misunderstood is viewed as evil by the people who don’t understand. The issue with Jinn / Djinn is their origins are so confusing because a lot of information pre crusades has been washed to make it look terrifying and unappealing to those raised under the current world’s dogma / system.

3 Likes

They were probably misrepresented by Islam to a greater or lesser extent. But not all of them fall under the mantle of “benevolent teacher” in any case.

2 Likes

Well I personally from what I’ve read in this book about the Middle East called “complete beginners guide to alchemy”

Dennis William Huack mentions that the Middle East was actually pretty sophisticated when it came to these topics and I believe he said they learned from ancient Egypt. Which is why I want to see how far back the djinn texts go.

1 Like

Brother Panic recommended this book “The Djinn Connection” by Rosemary Ellen Guiley. Kind of expensive tho :skull: still looking for the pdf.

3 Likes

In popular Islamic culture, jinn are considered benevolent and malevolent. Usually, the Muslim jinn are considered benevolent while the non-Muslim ones are considered malevolent. In either case, there are those who believe they can be controlled using various Islamic formulae or names of Allah. They are considered quite powerful.

Islamic magick was pretty sophisticated, and contributed greatly to Western occultism. Today’s situation is quite disappointing.

3 Likes

I am totally in love with the Djinn. One of my rituals went wrong and accidentally opened the door to the realm of fire. The Shayateen Djinns are very powerful beings.

I work closely also with the Djinn mentioned in that book but only a few, the ones which Shaithan tells me to contact. Those Djinns they kind of resonate with the caster so must have some kind of similar vibrations with the caster in order to work

6 Likes