Bones for throwing

Quick question.

After a year of looking around i finally found a opossum road kill that was not already obliterated. My question is, anyone know the proper way I should get the carcus to decompose and how to ritually prepair them. Im fairly certain I could whip something up myself but I’m curious to see what others have done.

2 Likes

I’m sure there are resources online for how to properly handle and clean the bones.

Now from a hoodoo perspective, you can take the animal and bury in the backyard. Keep it there for a few months, then ‘cook down’ what remains. Prayers/intentions/etc can be said during the burial and during the ‘sanitation’.

Had a friend do this with a road-killed black cat. Good for court cases/Law work.

2 Likes

I found an article online that said to put it in a sealed box with holes large enough for insects. So I took a rubber tub and hot glued the lid and drilled some holes. Its now sitting in the back of a lawn mower trailer. You can hear the flies from 15 feet.

I know one thing based on personal experiences. We had a dead raccoon a while back. Stunk to high heaven. So the one thing I know Is…. I’m definitely glad not to be your neighbour right now.

1 Like

I live out in the country so I have no neighbors close enough to be effected. No smell yet. If it starts to stink ill drive the mower trailer to a corner of my property.

2 Likes

@Nephenthe You’ll definitely know if it starts to smell that’s certain. We had that dead raccoon smell near a week before we found the thing. There’s nothing like that dead coon smell first thing in the morning. Clear your sinuses right out. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like