Black sulfur

I normally wouldn’t post here asking this sort of question but I can’t seem to find any good info on black sulfur like what it can be used for and how it’s applied to baneful Magic. How can I make my own black sulfur. Also I’ve seen the sigil in EA’s book most commonly know at the cross of satan and the leviathan’s cross what does this symbolize exactly?

1 Like

Sulfur in general is used for baneful work, but I’ve not come across anything specifically for black sulfur. Wouldn’t that essentially be black gun powder?

There’s a lot of information on google for making black sulfur, but it’s all in regards to gun powder as far as I see. I would assume you could use black specifically for anything you would normally use sulfur for, to enhance the baneful attributes of the working, but if it is indeed the same as gun powder, you’d want to be careful what applications you use it under imop. (example probably not a good candle dressing)

1 Like

I was thinking sulfur and activated charcoal would be good to make black sulfur but I’m not sure so I was just trying to get others opinion on the subject but yes I do agree black gunpowder would not be a good idea especially since in one particular ritual in the book baneful magick you are to spread the black sulfur around the circle around a 9 black candles so 1 fuck up in your whole Temple would go up in flames :joy:

1 Like

I know it’s not what you were looking for, but I came across this today and was like hmm, maybe that would work.

3 Likes

Can you tell me the difference between black pepper cayenne pepper

Cayenne pepper colour seems red
Is it same as red pepper?
Or like ground chilli flakes
would it be an alternative for cayenne pepper?

1 Like

Basically all 3 come from different plants/parts of plants. Yes you can substitute them in cooking, and their used similarly in root working/hoodoo/spells, so as long as the intent is right, I don’t see any issue in substituting it. I’m too lazy to type out the exact difference, so I copied them from google for you.

The name black pepper refers to the ground , processed drupes of the Piper nigrum plant called black peppercorns…Cayenne pepper* refers to the fruit of the Capsicum anuum. This fruit is usually dried and ground to a powder that may be referred to as cayenne powder or more commonly as cayenne pepper*.

Ground cayenne pepper is eight times hotter than chili powder. Crushed red pepper often uses cayenne pepper as a base (along with a few other chilies), so you can ground the red pepper flakes down into a powder for a decent cayenne pepper substitute – though it will never be as hot . …

2 Likes

No you are not lazy

thanks very much

If I dont get cayenne pepper
I would substitute it with capsicum dried…

1 Like