Black Cats in my dream.. Meaning?

I was at my "moms’’ house, with my sister, and it was raining. I saw a cat in the window, so I let her in. When she came in, she was nice, and playful. Somehow my bird came out of no where and the cat attacked my bird. I ran after the cat (bird wasn’t hurt), and shooed her out of my house, and at the window awaited another cat. They ran away and I woke up. So there were two black cats, one in the beginning but two at the end. I don’t associate black cats with bad luck, quite the opposite.

1 Like

To me when I dream of a cat it’s usually somebody wishing me harm. It represents somebody really close to you you would never suspect. That’s just my interpretation by the way but it holds true for me

1 Like

Hmm. I don’t associate cats with evil, I personally believe they’re earthly angels. Would that mean anything?

As far as I see it, It’s an opportunity you had for something/someone you love and enjoy but it caused more problem/s to you, problems you didn’t think about. Losing something/someone you already have. So you tried to end it but failed or you couldn’t do it, it eventually ended on it’s own but not by you directly, it worked out well at the end. And probably saved you from another problem or issue you didn’t know about but you knew later that it was going to happen, that it was going to attract more of it, if it remained with you and you didn’t do something about it.

Hope I’m making sense.

This is how I see it. So overall it’s not a bad dream. I think it’s about something already happened or going on right now in your life. Not something that will happen in the future.

1 Like

Hmm. I heard almost these exact words from a video, I watched yesterday… Wasn’t directed towards me, but someone else in the video.

1 Like

As for symbolism, cats are symbolic of rebirth and renewal, per their suppoded nine lives. Because they are nocturnal hunters, they are also associated with darkness. Darkness often goes with fear, the unconscious, and things that are unknow, unpredictability of the future.

Taking the stray cat in your home means you might be looking for knowledge. As the cat represents wisdom as this cat is lost and seeking what he does not know, that you feel worried about the future.

The flying bird represents transcendence and freedom. The cat attacking your bird that flew in, indicates that you need to look at your recent actions and overcome any doubts, something is attacking your freedom and thoughts, knowledge and plans for the future, which is a persistant problem.

2 Likes

Well, the bird in the dream, is my bird.

1 Like

To me, black cats are protectors, or familiars.

It could be that they are protecting you on your dreams?

1 Like

I don’t know… D: There was nothing to protect myself from in the dream. I don’t fear the unknown or darkness. I’m infact, intrigued and do want to learn more.

1 Like

I want to add, I found out my father made some disgusting comments about my sister and her fiance… So I don’t know if this has anything to deal with it.

MEOWwwww .
They can mean whatever any person’s particular conscious and sub conscious beliefs give meaning to them. Whether positive or negative.
It would seem up to the individual to decide what mean in their lives.

2 Likes

Yeah weird things are happening with me and people I’m in contact with lately because of some work I’m doing…hope the explanation is meaningful to you. When the events related to the dream will unfold completely you will probably remember the dream and recognize what it means.

1 Like

I often do, I’ll be in a situation, and be like, “Ohh! That’s what that dream meant.” My non-believer boyfriend, thinks I’m a loon for it.

2 Likes

You might want to create a dream journal. Keeping a dream journal helps you to remember dreams and to stay in touch with your unconscious mind.

One of the most important things I have learned is to know yourself and a dream journal helps with this. It could also help with updated information and events that you can use as a reference if some of these events come to pass.

1 Like

Good idea. :3

1 Like