Big effects in the world

Seconding the above post seems to be a habit of mine lately.

Harry Potter’s shit, but Voldemort… now there’s a man I truly admire!

He tries to lead his people from a level of repression and powerlessness that’s breathtaking - for example, wizards who ONCE perform magick in front of muggles are permanently stripped of their powers; for more serious “crimes” they’re put in a prison and forced to endlessly relive the worst moment of their lives, 24/7 until they die… it’s insane, and all the time they have to bow to muggle norms, even though 99% of muggle problems could actually be solved by magick, even with the in-universe laws that you can’t make food etc.

It’s like designing our entire world around pomeranian dogs, and having to spend our lives dressed like them and acting like them and pissing up lamp-posts, and watching then choke on bones or die of a broken leg, and suffer all the other dumbass fates that befall dumb animals when a human’s superior mind isn’t allowed to intervene, and our superior hands aren’t allowed to step in and help - it’s beyond ridiculous.

I could rant for hours about this, but suffice to say, I’m on Team Voldemort and also Team Magneto, who’s much the same kind person - my absolute fucking heroes, both of them! :slight_smile:

Harry Potter’s shit, but Voldemort… now there’s a man I truly admire!

He tries to lead his people from a level of repression and powerlessness that’s breathtaking - for example, wizards who ONCE perform magick in front of muggles are permanently stripped of their powers; for more serious “crimes” they’re put in a prison and forced to endlessly relive the worst moment of their lives, 24/7 until they die… it’s insane, and all the time they have to bow to muggle norms, even though 99% of muggle problems could actually be solved by magick, even with the in-universe laws that you can’t make food etc.

It’s like designing our entire world around pomeranian dogs, and having to spend our lives dressed like them and acting like them and pissing up lamp-posts, and watching then choke on bones or die of a broken leg, and suffer all the other dumbass fates that befall dumb animals when a human’s superior mind isn’t allowed to intervene, and our superior hands aren’t allowed to step in and help - it’s beyond ridiculous.

I could rant for hours about this, but suffice to say, I’m on Team Voldemort and also Team Magneto, who’s much the same kind person - my absolute fucking heroes, both of them! ^_[1]

Y’all know Magneto is my uncle

1. /quote ↩︎

I’m Magneto, and I know neither of you two. You mean my egregore?