Best results with sigil magick

I have found that the best results with sigil magic are achieved when one memorizes the sigil and holds it in the minds eye with visualization. Then when you can draw the sigil completely from memory you are ready to proceed. I believe that the memorization of the sigil is also an effective exercise in visualization which as we all know is a main ingredient to a functional working of almost any kind from almost any system. This is my advice to any who are considering sigil magic as a method of magic. Cheers!

14 Likes

I love it! This has a similar benefit as pre-charging your sigils before you stash them and forget them. I like to do both and it really helps lodge it in your subconscious, IMO.

3 Likes

With the exception of spirit sigils they have become components for me. If i want to extract certain forces and use them in my rituals i will either write up the names of the elements, planets ect and the the traits of those forces i want to incorporate and sigilize them. Lately into pahlavi script. The other method i use is to pull together the planetary, elemental symbols and geometry to form something that matches my intent.

The charging is a whole other matter at this point for me :laughing: that is a whole nother beast but it is effective so far.

3 Likes

Thanks, sometimes I’ve thought that even if there are complex sigils it’s worth the time to memorize them (and, in these cases, one would progress more).
For example in evocation there is that method of visualizing a sigil, and I was particularly intrigued by its inclusion in the Triangle, which would produce the entity’s appearance; then again, really in most cases it’s necessary the incense, mirror or third eye open :smirk:

1 Like

Interesting. I normally make my own sigils which makes it impossible to not memorize. I suppose you’re speaking more of pre-made sigils?

1 Like

Yes I’m talking about mostly goetia sigil.

2 Likes

Thankfully President Marbas, Duke Dantalion and Lord Rosier’s sigil/seals are fairly straight forward but some are just so complex for me. I don’t know why I can’t get the flash, perhaps it’s the constant anxiety on edge that I will be interrupted yet again.

I know it works, but it feels like it’s at energy saving mode rather than full on blast it loud.

Anyway grateful to you for your input, it makes a lot of sense, I need to get my mind clear as to the strategy and plan of action. Things can’t remain as they are.

2 Likes