Best Place to Purchase a Athame

I am looking for a good Athame, preferably a short sword, that I can use in blood rituals. So one that is made of decent steel and comes sharp. Any recommendations?

1 Like

Knifecenter.com
Any of these sites will do!! If not just google athame!!

1 Like

I would buy an actual knife that you’re going to use for everything.

1 Like

That was the direction I was thinking of going. Honestly I have Athame’s, the one I use for my Wiccan rites I don’t want to use during my Black Magick rites. Different energy and vibes. I do have a handforged bastard sword, I was thinking of using that, it is sharp enough to draw blood with enough pressure and cutting. I also have seen the Phurba’s and those look amazing, and they were designed for the same purpose, specifically for controlling spirits. So I may end up buying one of those. Lots of options.

1 Like

I use the street scalpel by tops in case if you’re wondering. Ive always felt the proper way of using a tool that’s supposed to be an extension of your will and a symbol of your authority is to use it on a daily basis. I use mine at work, fishing and hunting. I’ve cleaned fish, skinned deer and opened boxes with it. In rituals it has a special meaning to me because it’s essentially an aspect of myself.

1 Like

you could also fashion one from your own doing

Oh I agree, the magickal weapons are just extensions of my will. But I personally like having themes and aesthetics because it helps put me in the mood, and I enjoy it. I can easily do all the work in an astral temple as well as in a ritual room.

2 Likes

Yeah that makes sense and I do have an appreciation for aesthetics as well.

Anywhere that sells athames are the best places to purchase athames. :slightly_smiling_face:

There are just a lot of cheap ones, I was looking for a high quality Athame that is sharp and thematic. But I think I have decided to either go with a Plurba or buy a knife from Etsy that I like. I appreciate everyone advice though. I think I should have been more detailed in my post.

Also look into Kult of Athena. They have alot of hand forged knives and swords from various makers. I got a good quality high carbon (I forget the exact type) steel dusack from one of their retailers for about $40 that I use in ritual.

1 Like

A long time ago I purchased a dagger, removed the handle and made, stained and polished the wooden handle I replaced it with. The effort in creating the new handle acted to consecrate. When I stained the handle, on one side the wood grain displayed the Goddess (female energies) and on the other side, the God (male energies). That was a sure sign. Used carnauba wax.

Al.

2 Likes