Best locations to establish your temple - need some input please

Relatively new, and to date have been using my basement for initial meditation and exercises but am thinking of my family - wife and four kids - and am not sure if if I should continue my works in the house as I continue to progress, plus my basement is about to become an extra bedroom.

Garage is not an option based on available space, I could find a rural outdoor option but I’m in Nebraska so my outdoor options are about to get VERY cold in about another month …

Any thoughts on my concerns or possible ideas for me? Any input is appreciated! Thanks

Hmmmmm…wife & kids/ “extra” people in the house can always be a problem. Well a LOT of one’s Temple area (from my experience) has to do with what’s available at the moment…start with what you got.

For me:

The garage = my evocation chamber
My bedroom = Temple/meditation hall/Black Magick chamber for sigil/water/mirror scrying.

Of course a lot of this has to do with one’s budget too. Hell, if I had the money I’d probably build my own “Temple” completely detached from the house.

Outside is probably the best option short of having a room dedicated to nothing but occult workings. But like Mode said, start with what you have. Do you have a shed you can clear out? Do you have the extra income to rent space like a small storage unit or something? An attic? Over sized closet that can double as a ritual temple? Some places are more ideal than others but in today’s world any place where you can be alone and undisturbed for a while would work fine.

You could just take a small fold up table, a table cloth and some candles with a black mirror and have that be your altar. It’s quick to put up and quick to take down. You could also be honest with your wife and tell her what you feel you need to do in your life.

Instead of creeping around in the wee hours of the night doing evocations while your wife thinks you’re out banging the neighbour lady, tell her that you’re exploring your spirituality and need your time for it. What would be the problem with exposing your kids to it?

This is the difference between 77% commitment and 100% commitment.

What county in Nebraska are you in?

“This is the difference between 77% commitment and 100% commitment.”
_WP

Hah! Did you get this from Cagliastro WP? it’s certainly true!

Yeah,

I like what WP said about the wife n’ kids…including them as much as possible as far as being up front.

The last thing you need (really the last thing I need too) is to upset the old-lady. THAT will plummet your ascent quicker than Demons Wings fosho.

[quote=“WrithingParasite, post:4, topic:1744”]You could just take a small fold up table, a table cloth and some candles with a black mirror and have that be your altar. It’s quick to put up and quick to take down. You could also be honest with your wife and tell her what you feel you need to do in your life.

Instead of creeping around in the wee hours of the night doing evocations while your wife thinks you’re out banging the neighbour lady, tell her that you’re exploring your spirituality and need your time for it. What would be the problem with exposing your kids to it?

This is the difference between 77% commitment and 100% commitment.

What county in Nebraska are you in?[/quote]

I appreciate the responses all. Especially liked the storage unit option, great thought.

I am fortunate in that although she’s not exactly a full on believer, my wife is on board and fully understands exactly as you stated - this is my chosen spiritual path. It’s more of a consideration thing for my love, she crashes out early so bedroom evocation is out as far as courtesy goes.

As for the harm in exposing the children to it, there’s a couple of reasons this weighs in my thoughts. It’s not shame, or worry that they’ll think that daddy’s a freak. My path time usually falls in the later hours simply because thats the only time in the day that is available, when I am not driving someone somewhere, doing some sort of housework, bandaging someone, referreeing something, etc. Three of the four are little and wouldn’t have the capacity to process what daddy was doing should they walk in on it or overhear. And really what made me think about these impacts was statements in print and in video made by EA where he has mentioned his daughter as one reason why he no longer evokes at home. I’m still learning of course, but I’d be remiss as a father if I didn’t think of them and any potential impacts my path may have on them indirectly or directly that’s all.

77%, okay I’ll take that - but I’m workin on it :slight_smile: I’m in Sarpy county.

Thanks again all.

1 Like

[quote=“Mode_439, post:2, topic:1744”]Hmmmmm…wife & kids/ “extra” people in the house can always be a problem. Well a LOT of one’s Temple area (from my experience) has to do with what’s available at the moment…start with what you got.

For me:

My bedroom = Temple/meditation hall/Black Magick chamber for sigil/water/mirror scrying.

Of course a lot of this has to do with one’s budget too. Hell, if I had the money I’d probably build my own “Temple” completely detached from the house.[/quote]

Thank you! Now did you perform a full on consecration of the garage, now right there would involve an entire day of cleaning out everything from workbenches and storage shelves to strip it down before ceremony, maybe the extra effort could get me up to 80% commitment level :slight_smile: just playing

actually its probably going to be my only option when it gets too cold for me to work out in the nearby forest clearing I’ve been planning. Unless I can find a storage unit with 24 hour access. Of course it’s full of everything that will be moved into the basement once that project is complete. Anyone have a sigil for anyone good with finishing drywall or any familiars that need a project? :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Your temple is wherever you choose to practice at the time. I use everything from my bedroom, dining room, kitchen, living room and garage. I have a fiancé and two kids so I understand time constraints. I choose not to involve them as it isn’t there path, just as I wouldn’t want others dragging me into their spiritual practices.

I don’t have a designated temple area, wherever I’m at is where I work from. The space is made sacred when I banish and make it sacred, a building is a building and a room is a room until you decide otherwise. A temple is no more a tool than a chalice, athame and censor.

[quote="-TWF-, post:8, topic:1744"]Your temple is wherever you choose to practice at the time. I use everything from my bedroom, dining room, kitchen, living room and garage. I have a fiancé and two kids so I understand time constraints. I choose not to involve them as it isn’t there path, just as I wouldn’t want others dragging me into their spiritual practices.

I don’t have a designated temple area, wherever I’m at is where I work from. The space is made sacred when I banish and make it sacred, a building is a building and a room is a room until you decide otherwise. A temple is no more a tool than a chalice, athame and censor.[/quote]

Excellent points, so a simple banishment is enough then? Full blown consecration rites not completely necessary for the space?

Thanks TWF - I appreciate it

I live in the Sierra Nevada mountains so I feel your pain. My main temple is out doors in the forest until snow falls. For the cold months I downloaded free prints off a website for sheds and build one of those and insulated the hell out of it. It’s worked out great for a long time now.

Occasionally I’ll use a deep cave that I pass on my way home from work. In the winter it’s not nearly as cold in there if I still want to work outdoors.

[quote=“andreeje, post:10, topic:1744”]I live in the Sierra Nevada mountains so I feel your pain. My main temple is out doors in the forest until snow falls. For the cold months I downloaded free prints off a website for sheds and build one of those and insulated the hell out of it. It’s worked out great for a long time now.

Occasionally I’ll use a deep cave that I pass on my way home from work. In the winter it’s not nearly as cold in there if I still want to work outdoors.[/quote]

Excellent - I think a shed is on tap for the spring now as I say and pondered this last night.

I know what you mean about the Sierra Nevada winters, spent a few years in Bridgeport and the walker valley, while the stepdad was stationed at the Mwtc up there

Thanks for the input!

[quote=“Mlawry74, post:7, topic:1744”][quote=“Mode_439, post:2, topic:1744”]Hmmmmm…wife & kids/ “extra” people in the house can always be a problem. Well a LOT of one’s Temple area (from my experience) has to do with what’s available at the moment…start with what you got.

For me:

Of course a lot of this has to do with one’s budget too. Hell, if I had the money I’d probably build my own “Temple” completely detached from the house.[/quote]

Thank you! Now did you perform a full on consecration of the garage, now right there would involve an entire day of cleaning out everything from workbenches and storage shelves to strip it down before ceremony, maybe the extra effort could get me up to 80% commitment level :slight_smile: just playing

actually its probably going to be my only option when it gets too cold for me to work out in the nearby forest clearing I’ve been planning. Unless I can find a storage unit with 24 hour access. Of course it’s full of everything that will be moved into the basement once that project is complete. Anyone have a sigil for anyone good with finishing drywall or any familiars that need a project? :slight_smile:

Thanks again![/quote]

Good question!

No…I did not completely clean out the garage. I live with 2 others unfortunately at this time, so, the garage is a 2 car…my one roommate never uses his designated side, the other is my other roommates eBay storage.

I have a cleared space (at least 1 car) that I use for evo’s. I’ll tell my roomies “hey…I’m using the garage for the next 3 days”. I’m doing a series of evo’s right now, so, I leave my circle, table, candles, chair and censor set up as is.

I banished/consecrated the garage Temple once. At this point I don’t banish after or before the rituals however, because I want to build/leave the energy in the chamber for now. I do however give license to the entity after the working, usually…

“Halah’thor go…go…go…go now into THIS world and bring that which I seek to pass”

And that’s it.

Now, to neutralize the energy prior to the workings I used the banishing found within KofF (Kingdoms of Flame…E.A.).

But I must agree with all others here…it’s a fucking “Temple” when I deem it is!

For me, the hardest part is/was just getting started man. We gotta work with what we got until we’re in a place where we can work with what we want!

Hey! That sounds pretty good! Feel free to quote me :slight_smile:

Excellent points all and I appreciate all the info, you’ve all been great. It’s great to know that there’s others out there willing to share their own experiences in the interest of helping others on similar paths!

Ive performed rituals almost always close to country (my house, my workplace). Country has something wich relaxes me.

The only important thing is you wont get disturbed in your rituals.

Many altars are set up on East direction but there are also on north from what ive read. I try to face East whenever possible

My main one is in the garage. I also use our loft and bedroom. Working on an outdoor one for multiple people to use. Don’t forget to use your astral temple also.

You guys are funny!
As a disciple of Void and shadow, where I am is my temple.when I decide a place is “sacred” its there I do my will.
Got arrested for it once, but fuck em’ its the south.

[quote=“Magus shadow, post:16, topic:1744”]You guys are funny!
As a disciple of Void and shadow, where I am is my temple.when I decide a place is “sacred” its there I do my will.
Got arrested for it once, but fuck em’ its the south.[/quote]
Ahem … though I have yet to get started, I agree, your temple is where your heart is, not to sound like a hallmark card. I use my balcony for certain things like invocations and rituals. If someone sees you constructing something invisible, so what. However, plumes of smoke billowing out near other residences could trip the attention of a good samartian, so keep that in mind, ditto with candles, someone nearly called the fire department when they saw light leaping like a flame, which was a single candle in my movable temple.
I is most likely preferred that a solid temple be constructed (okay, it’s international pirate talk day so if that sounded a bit piratey, well so be it), so entities can feel at home when visiting. I would think anyway.

A solid temple isn’t so much for an entity to feel at home, but so you can. It will also build power over time and through your use of the space.

You guys missed my point. these beings do no require houses or dwellings as such, to even conceive that one could be put in a “box” is just dumb.the entire MULTIVERSE is their home as well as all points in space and time from beginning to end.you might as well try to fit a T rex in an Altoids box[Yeah, I know all about that shit about angels dancing on the head of a pin, some Xtian came up with that crap.]
Its nice to have a sacred area, it really is, BUT.did you know that if your focus and intent are where they should/could be, you can go to where THEY are and build the finest temple you could ever conceive?

To quote my Patroness Sekhmet:
Why build on earth of stone and wood where in centuries it will rot and decay, when you can build HERE of energy and SPIRIT and KNOW it is here
for all eternity?