Best books to study hermeticism

Any suggestions? Come on people.

The Kybalion
The Emerald Tablet
Corpus Hermeticum

These three came to my mind for now,following this thread for other answers.

2 Likes

Franz Bardon: Initiation into hermetics

1 Like

This book is more like a introduction and training to magick in my opinion. :thinking:

The Kybalion is the frankest and most direct of the three littleshart mentioned (which I agree are Hermetic Philosophy’s big three, in modern times). The Corpus Hermeticum has been the most definitive Hermetic work for most of Western history before that, and is the most moderate of the three in striking the balance between flat expatiation of theory and more visceral allegorical description. On the other end of the smorgasbord, The Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean is a wildin’ melodrama trip of straight visceral allegory with no explicits or expatiations whatsoever.

For the reasons I’ve mentioned I would read them in the order I’ve mentioned. I think they better inform each other for the new reader that way.

My DMs are open on this matter, for any assistance you may need or questions you may have on this material and subject.

Wheresoever students seeketh wisdom, there the lips of an initiate must be to try and butcher the sacred wisdom, after all… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Circles of Power An Introduction to Hermetic Magic, by John Michael Greer - for everything you need to know, without Divination, Egyptian Gods, and …well, demons.
Rest of hermetic philosophy, well structured, and including rituals, there you have them. To me, it s most complete book to get results using Golden Dawn system.

No enochian as well btw

I think people don’t talk enough about this working.