Best books on magick theory?

I am mainly interested in books that talk about consciousness, quantum mechanics of reality creation, why rituals or chants work through repetition, the science behind correspondences, connecting with spirits and demons, and theories of magick in general. I’ve seen my magick improve once I started to incorporate scientific principles into my everyday decisions and behavior, such as creating art or writing. Please recommend some books that might help me understand more of the logic behind why magick works. So far the most profoundly helpful book I’ve read thus far is Condensed Chaos by Phil Hine. Any other recommendations? Thank you!

1 Like

Hello I’m not an Expert but the following books are traditional Grimoire that you may be interested in

1. The Key of Solomon

2. The Lesser Key of Solomon

3. The Untitled Grimoires (Persephone’s Grimoires)

4. The Picatrix

5. The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abremelin the Mage

6. The Book of Black Magic and Pacts

7. The Codex Gigas

8. The Grand Grimoire

9. The Munich Manual

10. The Book of Saint Cyprian
    Arbatel de Magia Veterum (Arbatel of the Magic of the Ancients)

11. The Sworn Book of Honorius

12. The Black Pullet (This Book Is a Narrative Not an Instruction Manual)

13. The Greek Magical Papyri

14. The Sixth and Seventh Book of Moses

15. Simon Necronomicon (Allegedly Fictional Although The Spells Were Taken From Older Grimoires)

16. Galdrabok (Book of Magic)

17. Pseudomonarchia Daemonum (False Monarchy of Demons)

18. Petit Albert

19. The Magus

20. The Gardnerian Book of Shadows

21. Shams Al Marif (The Sun Of Knowledge)

22. The Grand Grimoire

2 Likes

@Azazel66613 None of those books meet the OP’s request. Traditional grimoires have very little magical theory in them as they were written with the assumption that the one reading them would already have the theoretical knowledge necessary to use them.

@lucifersbride Magic in theory and Practice by Aleister Crowley; The Psychonaut Field Manual; Liber Null & Psychonaut by Peter Carroll; Hermetic Magic by Stephen Skinner The Emerald Tablet of Thoth by The Three Initiates; Liber 777 by Aleister Crowley; The Field by Lynn McTaggert (covers scientific experiments in zero field theory as a basis for manifesting).

8 Likes

@lucifersbride @DarkestKnight

My apologies to you both I was only trying to help by suggesting the ones I would use.
I said MAYBE I did not guarantee

@BafametX Trading in pirated material is not permitted on this forum.

1 Like

I think the message was addressed to me, my friend. I have not fully read the rules of the forum and I apologize.

1 Like

No worries! I’m new
Thank You

1 Like

So I have to know the theory of magic to use it?

It can be helpful but no, you do not need to know any theory in order to use magick, just like you don’t need to know how electricity works to use a light switch or how your car works to drive it.

1 Like

Thank You

Books for reality creation: “The Reality Revolution” by Brian Scott and “Busting Loose From the Money Game” by Robert Scheinfeld.

1 Like

The Kybalion.

1 Like

@lucifersbride My Apologies Mrs Lucifers Bride

@Azazel66613 don’t worry about it.

1 Like

@tulipan @DarkestKnight thanks, I’ll check them out!

1 Like