Belial and beezelbub (baal) are the same entity?

I had a dream that i asked a question and belial named appeeared and then it dissapeared and BAAL Name appeared. Vk from youtube said that belial and beezelbub (BAAL) the same being just different aspects ?

4 Likes

No, Belial is a demon originating from Judaism, specifically the TaNaKh. But, Beelzebub comes from Baal Zebub, a Cannanite God.

7 Likes

Ahh i see.

1 Like

beezelbub (baal) lord of flies. Baal is one of the seven kings of Hell. The name is drawn from the Canaanite deity Baal mentioned in the Hebrew Bible as the primary god of the Phoenicians what is now Lebanon. In this hierarchy, Baal is ranked as the first and principal king of Hell, ruling over the East and is listed in the Goetia as the first deity mentioned and listed by Weyer. Baal or Bael translates to Lord.

A deity from ancient Judea includes Baal Berith or Lord Berith. I have also wondered if Baal from ancient Canaan or Lebanon could also be the same as Berith, keep in mind Lebanon and Isreal are neighbors and all these deitys have the same destructive tendencies and the small areas around Judea and Canaan were worshipped as fertility gods.

7 Likes

Baal Peor and Baal Hedad are also other epithets for Baal.

Interestingly enough, there is a passage in the Prophet Hosea where Yahweh says, ā€œ16 ā€˜It will come about in that day,ā€™ declares Yahweh, ā€˜That you will call Me Ishi [my husband or my man] and will no longer call Me Baali [my master or my lord].ā€™ā€

So Baal was used as both a proper name and not a proper name. And so, itā€™s not certain that the four Baals of the Bible are true epithets for Baal, truly, or sinply some master.

The four Baals being, in no particular order, Baal Zebub or Beelzebub, Baal Berith, Baal Peor or Belphegor, and Baal Hedad.

3 Likes

@StewardofSophia Great answer. Whatā€™s your take? With all the references to Lord could all these deitys in reality be one regional deity, combining all the different names as this region Lebanon and Isreal encompasses a 500 mile area, could all these different tribes although using different names be making reference to the same deity?

2 Likes

I donā€™t know, it could be regional epithets like we see in Ancient Greece. For example, Aphrodite Aerie is most definitely Aphrodite, but she is very different than how she is viewed by the rest of Ancient Greece. But, at the same time, Baal Hedad seems like his own distinct god. Its difficult to discern and without doing a bunch more research Iā€™m only guessing.

2 Likes

The Greek demonologist Psellus says that
the Hebrew Beelzebul (God of Heaven) was converted (as a playful corruption) into Beelzebub (God of the Dunghill), and the imaqe of this demons as a monstrous fly is derived from this notion of the dunghill, where flies proliferate. According to some the name should be spelled ā€œBaalzebubā€, but since this means ā€œLord of the High Houseā€ and might wrongly taken to be Solomon (in reference to his temple), the Jews
therefore changed the name to ā€œLord of the Fliesā€.

These entmologies may be correct, but the notion of the Lord of the Flies is also classical, for it is recorded that in the temple of Actium
sacrifices were made to Zeus under the name of Apomyios (meaning averter of flies). Pliny records these sacrifices were made to flies in Rome and Syrian temples: the later god was called Achor, and in some sources this god or demon is even called the God of the Flies. Some scholars say that Beelzebub was the equivalent of the Baal worshipped in Palestine and adjacent countries, and in the later times a representative of the fallen gods.

3 Likes

Zebub comes from a Hebrew root meaning to buzz to and fro, this is usually translated as flies, but Beel Zebub could easily be translated as lord that flies or lord of all that flies.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve worked with both and Iā€™ve struggled with this question myself. All I can really add here is that they have VASTLY different vibes and go about things differently. AKA their personalities are way different.

4 Likes

I know this thread is old but. They are different aspects of each other. That is what I have learned. Good luck.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve come to the same conclusion myself. When calling Belial, I would get the astral vision of flies after he left and Beelzebub would speak to me after I got done speaking to Belial. It was very odd because I never called Beelzebub yet he was manifesting to me as often as Belial if not more so while I was calling Belial. I never had any information suggest this to me before calling Belial. After seeing the vk jehannum video it didnā€™t make much sense at first but then after considering it for a while it made so much sense to me that they are one in the same.

2 Likes

Mark Alan Smith, VK Jehannum, and others, equate them in some sense.

Some people equate Belial and Anubis, too.

2 Likes

Different beings, however, Baal is also used as a title to mean Lord.

2 Likes

Well, i think they are the same. Everytime when Bael was here, Beelzebub was too. I think they are differents aspects of the same being. VK jehannum equates them as the same

2 Likes

Iā€™ve encountered both and they have different energies to me to the point where they couldnā€™t be the same being.

2 Likes

Ok who has try a lust spell whit him,?

2 Likes