Being an Empath and working with Tarot/Divination

Sometimes my heart hurts so much when I do tarot for friends that are in sad/terrible situations.

Its like I’m pushing in the pins that already prickle their body.

Today I did a reading for a friend who cheated on their husband and now they are separating/maybe divorce and she is just a mess because now she has nothing. (Just for note, she told me after it happened what she had done and I questioned her then…she was happy about then (on a high) but has now crashed to burn)

The reading was absolutely accurate, indicated infidelity…her giving up on everything, her abuse of alcohol and drugs …

I kept apologizing for the accuracy…

She did have a good conclusion card which let her know friends and family are here to help her and that this will pass even though it will hurt first.

Do any of you deal with these pains? I can’t stop thinking about her and the pain shes feeling.

So is life as a sponge :frowning:

3 Likes

I go through something similar. A person dear to me always wants me to do a love spell for to make a specific person she knows be in love with her.

But he is with someone else and made it clear he just wants to be friends. I tried to pull the ole…do you really think youd be happy forcing someone to think they love you. But she still insists. And Im at a lose. And perhaps my own feeling of wanting to protect from heartbreak hinders me from doing the working.
I just know she would be happy if she moved on to a new phase. But thats easy to say when you are not the one in love.
So Im at a loss.
I want her to be happy. But he is not the one. :frowning:

I am an empath and I work 2 days a week with sick old people. It is terrible, I feel their pain their sadness, everything, I even feel the taste of crushed medication mixed with pudding when I have to watch them getting it. As much as I try I can’t block it. When I read cards for someone usually I feel very very drained afterwards and yes I feel their state of mind/soul. I wish I know how to block it so I don’t feel anything.

1 Like

[quote=“arianna, post:2, topic:9451”]I go through something similar. A person dear to me always wants me to do a love spell for to make a specific person she knows be in love with her.

But he is with someone else and made it clear he just wants to be friends. I tried to pull the ole…do you really think youd be happy forcing someone to think they love you. But she still insists. And Im at a lose. And perhaps my own feeling of wanting to protect from heartbreak hinders me from doing the working.
I just know she would be happy if she moved on to a new phase. But thats easy to say when you are not the one in love.
So Im at a loss.
I want her to be happy. But he is not the one. :([/quote]

And your belief is intertwined with your work, crafting a love spell for her wouldn’t be completely successful since you’ve provided your stance on the situation…that makes it hard for me to…I don’t want my true intent/thought on the situation to effect the outcome :confused:

Yes I try so hard to not work in fields like that for a reason…everyone says I’m so caring that it would fit…I think I’m over caring and it would just destroy me :frowning:

1 Like

Learn how to shield yourself, if you don’t want to to be fully emersed in outside emotions. Check out my post here: http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/new-magician-help/thread-of-knowledge/

It’s for protection but it can also help you block out other peoples emotions. Also after you do a magickal working or tarot reading, make sure you have something to eat or a sweet drink.

People forget that we are transmuting our stored energy into active spiritual energy while we use our gifts. This is why it’s a good idea to eat or drink something after as it grounds us as well as replaces the energy we use up.

Yes. Same: I do feel pain, or whatever emotions the querent has whenever I read the cards. There are times when I haven’t even laid out the cards yet, merely shuffling, when I get hit with a wave of emotions, or I would feel like there’s some sudden energy with the cards (for example: they suddenly feel too heavy to shuffle, won’t shuffle properly or the opposite, wherein cards are just flying out). This is intensified when it’s a spirit I’m reading the cards about.

I’ve experienced crying out of nowhere upon just taking a good look at a spread. My throat and heart chakra would hurt/ache. Other times I would suddenly change the way I talk or mannerisms while explaining interpretations, and it won’t dawn on me until the querent says, “Yes, that is how he/she speaks!” or “That’s exactly how he/she acts!” And since usually people who seek tarot consultations (or at least where I live) are about (failed) love, the emotions the querent is radiating are just… whew. I’ve noticed that wearing black or darker colors when doing a reading reduce this effect. I’m still not an expert on shielding, therefore I had plenty of times wherein I’d head home after a reading and cry all the unrecognizable emotions out. The emotions wear off immediately and I’m okay again after I cry it all out. This is also why I’ve chosen to be selective of what kind of reading I’d do, when I will do it, where and how long/until what time, etc.

I do apologize for the accuracy too, because I really dislike the feeling of bearing the not-so-nice news, but I know the truth has to be said. Still, being highly sensitive did not NOT leave its toll on me, as I’m currently working with spirits to heal and to not absorb sooo much. sighs

I sincerely hope that your friend is doing much better now. You too, OP. Keep your (heart) light on. :green_heart:

1 Like

I am also an empath and also an asshole so even though I feel the emotions(my own included at times) I just don’t care. I have absolutely zero fucks to give. Between the medication I’m on and personally trying kill off my own pain I’ve gotten to the point where I just don’t care about damn near anything. In my defense I worked as a CO in a prison and believe me emotions are rampant as hell in there.