Being a Sun Worshipper while consorting with church goers

Have you asked him and he told you this? I don’t think we can saw what any of the deities think or feel.

4 Likes

If they can practice witchcraft and work with Yahweh, he probably doesn’t care

Even Michael told me Yahweh and Luce would work together to help me despite their beef

(Yahweh is Lucifer’s father in my view)

Yea there really isn’t some epic grudge like what the Bible says. I know lots that works with both currents and paths.

2 Likes

Maybe in the past, not now tho

I don’t really see much push back with all the work the magicians and witches that work with demons have been doing. I think they are pretty chill now.

2 Likes

@Lady_Eva I think at this point this should be it’s own topic. It’s derailed the OP’s question.

3 Likes

This is a topic of vast interest to me. Putting aside my love for folk magic which adopts whatever dominant belief system is present in the area that it emerges from, the idea of practicing magic and being of one of the Abrahamic faiths is a long debated discussion taking place for the last couple thousand years. Originally, if we are sticking to Old Testament, the religious laws against practices of divination and magic were not against the actual practice. It instead was against taking on the identity, especially in exchange for currency. They were worried about the lines being blurred between what Jews do and what those who are not do. As time progressed and we get to Leviticus, it changed to being against the practice itself, as it seemed to have grown in popularity while still leaving behind past teachings of forms of magic still approved as it was easier to adopted a new text as opposed to try to discredit multiple texts already used in teaching, as there was a big taboo of destroying texts with the name of god in it as well (thankfully as multiple magicial texts were preserved because of it).

When Christianity emerged and adopted the Old Testament along with teaching associated with Jesus, the taboo of the practice was already established and carried on into the new religion. Translations between different languages solidified the taboo as it was practically useful in more…political uses.

Here is an interesting video on the topic

4 Likes

I would not worry about the burning times coming back. We do not live in the same conditions where mass hysteria to that degree will easily emerge. The most that will happen is people arguing you to death in order to “turn you back to the light”, and even then there will be a chance of individuals accepting you as you are.

3 Likes

Although it should be noted for @MagickVigilante and @Nightside as well that Christianity was not as against divination and magick as it is now in the post-deadmatter-worldview world. In the Medieval Ages, people all throughout the Byzantine Empire practiced all kinds of divination, and during the Medieval Ages and Renaissance in Western Europe, everyone knew about Geomancy, the church never bothered with it, and it was reported that even at one point the Vice-Legate of the Papacy was a Master Geomancer. Everyone know about Astrology and frequently sought them out, every community had a Geomancer, talismans and gamahes were well sought without issue. And to create a Talisman traditionally, you had a bring a spirit into it. Some Astrologers even prayed to the Planetary Deities (Olympians) using the Orphic Hymns and used them for Talismans as well. They didn’t have an issue with that either.

Tacitus said of the Germanic peoples, “Augury and divination by lot no people practice more diligently”. I don’t think that ever left until recently. Even two generations ago in my culture diviners were not uncommon.

So it is fine to work with other gods and be among Christians at the same time. Perhaps even more so that it is a Roman god.

3 Likes

Very true. Would it be safe to say that a good percentage of the grimoires from the time period in Europe were also written either by clergy or the moderately wealthy who could have been religious as well, as they could afford the paper and would have known how to read and write?

2 Likes

They were definitely religious, no doubt about that. There were all manner of legends about Geomancy first being revealed to either Adam or Joshua by the Angel Gabriel. In Islam, it was believed that Geomancy was first taught to Ibris, also by the Angel Gabriel. Few in those days were irreligous.

I’m not big on the grimoire tradition, but I follow the Geomancy tradition and I know at least that in that, many of the Geomancers were not clergy per se, even though as I said even one of the Vice-Legates practiced it very well, but the majority were just fairly wealthy people. It was practiced by many, including high-class prostitutes in the time. But many of the authors were simply moderately wealthy, living at the King’s court.

4 Likes

Actually, to give a good example, in Dante’s Purgatorio Canto XIX, Dante calls the Sun the Geomancer’s “Fortuna Major”, a figure in Geomancy relating to the Sun. Meaning anyone educated at the time knew the names of the figures of Geomancy and which planet they relate to.

3 Likes

True enough everywhere in the free world.

I don’t know enough about about sharia law to to say about those countries.

Fair point, neither do i.

1 Like

I live in a very “modern” and rich Muslim country, where there’s Sharia law. Is definitely illegal.

You’d not be killed, but a fine of more than 10k (euros), jail (not sure how many months, I don’t think it would be a years sentence) and probably deportation would follow. And this country is well known for being extremely open. Don’t want to think what would happen in others that are not as much.

Muslim countries are very different: Apart from the obvious reasons, they believe in magick. In Europe, where I’m from, I hardly know anyone that wouldn’t laugh at my face/think I’ll be possessed if they knew I was practicing magick.

On this Islamic country, tho, the authorities say: Anyone who directly or indirectly jeopardizes another person’s physical or mental state using magic will be punished by law. So they know people can be influenced by magick. I find it quite interesting.

But I think the OP doesn’t live in a Muslim country so regarding this he should be fine :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Went outside, smoked a joint, then as I noticed the sun horizontal with my forehead, I framed my hands up in a zelator-theoricus discipline, and said the first invocation of the sun:
Hail unto thee, wha art Ra in thy rising,
Even unto thee, who art Ra in thy strength,
Who travellest over the heavens in thy bark of the sun,
Tahuti standeth at the prow, and Ra-Hoor abideth at the helm,
Hail unto thee from the abodes of night!
Followed by sign of silence.
Listening to:

1 Like

Ive highlighted all hymns that incorporate the sun in its lyrics, but we can go back further “and the sun of righteousness shall arise” in the OT tail end prophetic books.
Not sayin im a zeitgeist follower, but I do see sun and luna influence as more than two luminaries.
Some hymn names cant be more obvious than one titled “Hail Satan!”
“Sun of my Soul, my Savior Dear”

1 Like

There is nothing wrong this. I feel its actually good thing that you are you going to church because you are putting good spirits and horses in your energy field. This allows you to keep getting a protective barrier. Just don’t share to much information with these church goers on the other side of your worship.

1 Like

Welcome @Al_Wizard It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introdcue themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about youself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: New member intro