Becoming a God Without a God Complex

Something that I think is hardly talked about, but is very common I feel, is occultists developing god complexes. It is a very fine line that you have to draw, in between being a god and having a god complex. Being confident in your power, yet not seeing everything as insignificant compared to yourself. So, how have you managed your beliefs to prevent this? Share thoughts below

8 Likes

I am someone who does think there are people inferior to me, but I also believe there are some people further along than me, but it has nothing to do with a God complex to me (since I donā€™t subscribe to the become a living god marketing shtick)

But the good thing about it, I donā€™t believe any of it is stagnant and ever changing, those who I would view insignificant to me, will probably be seen as the opposite later or equals.

Do I think itā€™s a bad train of thought, mmmm not really, youā€™ll hardly find that individual potential is equal for the most part.

I donā€™t do anything to prevent the train of thought, I think itā€™s a healthy means of pushing myself even though I donā€™t make it known my views of individuals.

6 Likes

I finally fixed image links :smiley: so can safely link my own ā€œmanifestoā€ without any embarassment: Theogenesis : Becoming A Living God

Since I posted that, almost 6 years ago, I have somewhat evolved my views on leadership, among other things, and thatā€™s quite possibly a post in itself, at some point. :thinking:

But the basics of Theogenesis, and healing those who for some reason are stuck and either not capable of becoming the most they can attain, or are in some other way stuck in the process, have remained the same.

I highly recommend all the older ā€œScience of Mindā€ books for this, including Wattlesā€™ ā€œThe Science Of Being Greatā€ & also, Napoleon Hill & Clement Stone on leadership of any kind, even just pet ownership or within a family, being a service position.

And in my experience the more magick you do, the more raw power you accrue, the more situations will occur where you have opportunities to exercise your power in alignment with your values, but not necessarily for what might be considered petty personal stuff. Not saying to neglect yourself and go full martyr, but the scope of things you can do tends to expand beyond ā€œgive shiny things naowā€ā€¦

8 Likes

God Complex, haha. Yeah, that was a real trip. Sure I was god, and all the marketing of this place wasnā€™t Ea and co just making up stuff to make money, but actual real and literal truth.
Solipsism is a real thing, and you can go to a universe with just yourself, oh well, lets just say it was super boring, and then I went to hell.

No, it wasnā€™t from reading some book this place published, but me finding some poorly half-translated copy of the grimorium verum, and well, lets just say the spirits in there, like Astaroth, like to possess when you want your crazy ex back so bad, because you simply do not feel capable of doing anything without him. So yeah, I couldnā€™t really think straight by the time I did that. It involved a lot of weird stuff with technology and people that is still going on in my life that really has no explanation (yet) I really need to talk to some system administrators and people in the start up space about it, cause it just gets too weird and I donā€™t think anyone outside of that would have the context to make sense out of it.

2 Likes

I donā€™t use the word ā€œgodā€ because I thinkitā€™s too bague and has too much baggage, I call it ascension. But how is that special when you realise they every other human on the planet, and a lot of the animals, are also gods?

The difference is access to skills, imo. Do I get all up myself because Iā€™m the Tech Lead at work and end users come to me for answers? I worked decades to do what I can do, they worked decades for other skills I donā€™t have. So, that would be just as stupid.

Thereā€™s literally nothing to have a ā€˜god complexā€™ about. I find the whole idea ridiculous.

2 Likes

I think power, like money, just amplifies peopleā€™s true self, and a lot of people are shitty, so power brings that out.

To steal something I saw on Twitter recently: ā€œIf you want to ensure that the mighty are also virtuous, become virtuous and mighty.ā€

5 Likes

Another thing to add is that opens the idea of pursuing power for righteous reasons. I think the idea of having power and money has been vilified and I personally think that will only cause more wealthy and powerful individuals to become like that because of division. I think celebrating a pursuit of power in a righteous and beneficial manner would be much more helpful

2 Likes

As the quote, often erroneously attributed to Abraham Lincoln, says, ā€œNearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a manā€™s character, give him power.ā€

3 Likes

Hereā€™s the thing: if everyone is a god, then maybe being a god isnā€™t all that special.

Though, honestly, Iā€™m pretty sure the whole godhood thing is just a marketing tactic.

1 Like

But isnā€™t that like saying, ā€œIf everyone is literate, well-fed, and able to wear nice clothes, thereā€™s no point in having these things any moreā€?

Surely the point of spiritual ascent, in any system, isnā€™t to have something all to oneself, to gloat over it like Gollum, but instead to fundamentally change the quality of all life for the better? :thinking:

4 Likes

Rising higher as a community leads to much more exponentially gains.

2 Likes

Exactly!

Relevantly, one of the reasons given to seek serious wealth in the book The Science Of Getting Rich (published in 1910) was so one could visit concerts and experience great culture, and have time to enjoy these things, and the education to seek them out, and refine oneā€™s tastes.

But our overall levelling-up has actually brought that via the internet to people everywhere, completely bypassing a clunky model of having to earn more and then visit theatres (which we can of course also still do).

Anyone with a smartphone and decent connection can bliss out to Bach or Vivaldi, even in the middle of the developing world where many other things we take for granted in the UK, USA and so on, are not available.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always had disdain for the ā€œin gonna become a God because fuck you assholesā€. It feels weak and terribly sad to me. I just wanna have my fun and make others happy lol. The idea of the people around getting what they want fills me with so much happiness. Could you imagine how fucking awesome every single day would be if all you saw from people was positivity and smiles?!

1 Like

No. At least, thatā€™s not how I see it.

We can all breathe, but that doesnā€™t mean we donā€™t need to. But we donā€™t always give it much thought, since we see it as a common occurrence. Humans generally see the ā€œcommonā€ and ā€œnaturalā€ as nothing special. It only seems special if it makes someone stand out.

So if itā€™s natural that weā€™re all gods, then maybe being a god isnā€™t all that special.

I hope that made sense.

2 Likes

But it does still require effort to ascent, and a lot of personal alchemy, so weā€™re a fair ways from saying we can take it for granted. We canā€™t even, still, take common sense for granted:

My own agenda isnā€™t ā€œbecome a livinggod so I can be specialā€ - itā€™s this: Theogenesis : Becoming A Living God :smiley:

4 Likes

For me it comes down to philosophy, how I live my life.
Stoicism really helped me there since itā€™s main focus is virtue and cultivating it.
Humbling myself with discipline including my magick.

I believe the universe is magick and I am a God. But I only act as God when I perform my magick, then I go back to doing human shit like folding laundry or walking my dog. This seems to work well, I fit in with the humans, while secretly performing my magick.

The people that develop narcissist tendencies and end up in psyche wards usually have a superiority complex.

One time I met a guy who claimed to be Jesus, he told people he was Jesus but ultimately he was a really humble and livying dude.
So thereā€™s definitely a way to do it and not come off as a dick.

Ultimately weā€™re all humans/gods so we should at the very least respect eachother on that level.

If someone suffers from a God complex I recommend they take up martial arts or a sport.
You can prove to everyone you are better and not be sent to the looney bin.

1 Like

I think your wrong. Anytime you kill a mosquito, swat a fly, step on a bug or ant :ant: you are acting as a god without even realizing it (a god with the power of life and death over those insignificantly tiny creatures).

Same though less directly when you eat meat or even plants. Humans (all humans) are technically gods on this planet with the powers of life and death, creation and destruction, and change on this planet (we are the top of the food chain, we build houses, destroy ecosystems, pollute various land and water supplies and the air).

Therefore all humans are gods on this world at all times in all places at all times (from a certain point of view).

Therefore I disagree that you are only a god when doing magick and mundane and a non- god when your not doing magick.

But thatā€™s probably just my upg I suppose so think what you will :peace_symbol: Thatā€™s what I think about it though.

I believe that Satan created the Gods and Demons of Hell to be his leaders and comrades.
I do not consider myself to be their equal nor do I think that is even possible - yet.
Currently, I am a mere mortal who is sincerely trying to develop my strengths and abilities as a satanic witch. This then helps me to connect with these beautiful Gods and Demons of Hell in ways that I did not ever think possible. I do not believe that these satanic strengths and abilities make me a god. I am a satanic witch. However, when the time comes for us satanic witches to finally enter the Gates of Hell then perhaps THEN we will also become newly created Gods or Demons of Hell. Hail Satan.

:man_facepalming:t4: Invert most of what you said and then youā€™ll be onto something. Donā€™t debase yourself.

2 Likes