Basic Limpia

I’m bumping this because it’s cool, and we have new people joined since April who might not have seen it.

1 Like

[quote=“Euoi, post:1, topic:2968”]Take a raw, unused egg. Completely virgin. Wash it in a bowl of holy water and allow it to get to room temperature. Then gently place it upon the crown of your head abd begin rubbing it, spiraling out counterclockwise while focusing on the negative energy being absorbed by the egg. Now rub the egg over your face in the shape of the cross, saying thelLord’s prayer (or apostle’s creed, or hail Mary). Make the sign of the cross over your third eye. Over the throat, neck, back, thigh, shins, and feet. Everywhere basically, always working downwards. Even the back of the legs have to be touched. Finish off with the soles of the feet.
Take the egg and crack it on the side of the toilet and flush it down In the name of the father, son, and holy spirit.
This is an example of Mexican curanderism, which I know is far removed from what most of this forum professes to practice, but may as will introduce some flavor here.[/quote]

It needs to be a black hen’s egg. It’s also best if you can have someone else do it for you. Finally, you can leave it under your bed overnight to absorb the rest of the negative energy. Someone I knew had his grandma do it cause we were gang banging and the yolk turned black

I’ve had good results with store bought eggs, though to be fair mine are usually from Waitrose free-range blacktail hens. But basic free-range has worked too, including on animals who can’t have a “placebo effect” reaction.

It does not need to be a black hen egg.

Traditionally, yes it does. I’m not going to argue over something stupid, but when people do it right they use a black hen egg.

If it works, surely that’s “doing it right”?

Jabs can put people to sleep but that’s not doing it right if you’re throwing a right haymaker lol. It’s whatever though. If Euoi has actually done a limpia then he should know right?

The discerning black magician only uses the eggs of the Ayam Cemani for their limpias.

Even the bones are black…so much LHP

Traditionally according to what?
I was taught how to do limpias in person two different ways. With an egg and a with water/herbal brush. When I asked what kind of egg is best, they told me as fresh as possible without regard to bird color.

I’ve done limpias on myself with eggs and it’s always worked. I’ve done the herbal brush on myself and others.

[quote=“Euoi, post:31, topic:2968”]Traditionally according to what?
I was taught how to do limpias in person two different ways. With an egg and a with water/herbal brush. When I asked what kind of egg is best, they told me as fresh as possible without regard to bird color.

I’ve done limpias on myself with eggs and it’s always worked. I’ve done the herbal brush on myself and others.[/quote]

Idk… tradition as I lived with mexicans for 5 years so I saw a lot of limpias from a lot of families. All were basically the same

And just because they did it a certain way doesn’t mean that’s the only way. They’re not the only people using eggs in cleansing. There’s no rulebook in folk magic. It’s what works, works. And other eggs do, fora fact work. If you don’t believe me, try it yourself.

I did twice when I was getting into brujeria. The first time was a regular egg and nothing happened. 2 weeks later we did the black egg and this disgusting ooze of sin came pouring out. I’d rather just use an uncrossing bath lmao

So you failed to perform this with any success on that occasion - that doesn’t logically mean that regular eggs are no good. :wink:

It could be anything - maybe your skills improved in those 2 weeks, maybe seeing all those “black chicken” limpias meant your subconscious had that set as THE definitive way to go - the reason I make poppets from wax and not cloth is that my mum had an Agatha Christie paperback with a wax poppet on, and I saw that from being a toddlers onwards, therefore to me, poppets are made of wax.

Be careful not to generalise from your own limitations (and we do all have them) to the particular of what will work for other people - I don’t use Abrahamic godnames, and I’m sure if I did it would be ineffective, but I don’t try to pretend they won’t work for other people.

2 Likes

Or it could have been that I strayed from tradition because that’s how it’s normally done. Black hens have magic to the
Same as Virgin chicken eggs. I didn’t limit myself or learn shit in 2 weeks of selling drugs with my best friend’s cousin in Mexico hahahaha

One, single time isn’t enough to make such a broad generalization.
Like I said, I’ve used regular eggs with perfectly good results. And so has Lady Eva. Obviously, there was a factor that you haven’t considered in that one, singular time.

How many egg limpias have you actually done?

I don’t have exact records, and I wouldn’t say they’re my main method even, but over the last decade, I’m somewhere in the region of twenty-five to maybe forty, tops, and outside of trainings I mainly do them on animals (mine and friends/family pets) where they’re far easier than anything involving baths, essentials oils, or wearing charms or whatever.

The critter simply thinks they’re getting a nice rub-down, like having their fur brushed.

Animals, as I said, don’t get the placebo effect and these were all loved pets for whom this wouldn’t be a novel experience of affection, and yet they made noticeable improvements in the animal’s health. Using store-bought eggs - my only specification is they must be free-range, and fresh as possible.

To post as you’ve done with a statement as though it’s fact, when in reality it was simply because you didn’t get a result on one occasion, isn’t really the kind of thing that furthers the understanding and use of magick.

While this may appear to some to be thrashing out how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, if your reply should prevent someone from attemtpting this method because they can’t check the colour of the chuck that laid them, which is the case for most modern city-dwellers (and even country folk don’t always have access to black hens)… this is not good.

1 Like

In my family we rub the persons body with an egg in the sign of the cross.

As this is done the apostles creed is recited. The yoke is then placed in a glass with water under the persons bed and left for three days before being disposed. Usually in the toilet.

My mother would take me to a lady as a kid as well as a kid. She’d brush us down with leaves from head to toe. Then she’d apply a lot of holy water or oil over us, we’d be drenched afterwards.

Once or twice we’d walk over very strong smelling incense cones.

Just an interesting memory from childhood.

2 Likes

That’s similar to how I was taught. I was taught to use the sign of the cross when using eggs, but never specific prayers.

After three days the yokes examined. If it was oddly white it meant someone did the evil eye.