Auriel name and sigil on Fire Wand

I have a fire wand from the golden dawn shop,
However it has the sigil name for Auriel as one of the names painted on,

I am thinking this has been a mistake as what should be on it is ARAL.

Is this a mistake and should i get a new one,
It is the same sigil and name(spelling)as the one on the air dagger.

I will most likely repaint over it instead of sending it back as it took weeks to arrive.

Any advice from experienced magicians about it?

Thanks,
Sol.

1 Like

Okay I got this sorted ,

For anyone who may have the same problem

"Unfortunately, it was the original GD that made the error.

The correct name of the Angel of Elemental Fire is Ariel (“Lion of God”) not Aral. An error in Agrippa was long preserved in the GD, in which the two names, Ariel and Aral were swapped. This long-lived confusion was only made possible because the four Praefects of the Elements have generally not been recognized as the names of Orders of Angels. Seraph, Cherub, Tharsis and Aral (more properly Erel) are simply the singular forms of Seraphim, Kerubim, Tarshishim, and Erelim.

The Ciceros have corrected this error in their books “Secrets of a Golden Dawn Temple” and “Self-Initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradition.” All Products sold by the Golden Dawn Shop are based upon their work."

Sol

2 Likes

Thanks for updating on this, I didn’t have anything useful so didn’t post, but I wondered about it - it’s great you brought us up to date, especially for future members who search the forum etc, helps to steer people in the right dorection. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is Ariel the same as Uriel? (Who is one of the arch-angels invoked while doing the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram.)

Auriel and Uriel are the same entity. Ariel,though,is not.

Uriel is an angel,of wisdom. He is the silent one, the illuminator. Among other things, he’s good at giving advice and bringing you sums of money. As such,his element is Earth,anf he appears in the North.

1 Like

I would suggest purusing the Shemhamforas. It’s a Renaissance period BookGrimoire of Moses, and technically should be a companion for any student of angelic or goetic magick.

[i]From the Book:
After this there are four parts of the earth which are the most subtle light of the spiritual world. Likewise four [triplicities of] hierarchies: 1) Seraphim, Cherubim, [and Thrones]; 2) Dominations, Powers, and Virtues; 3) [Principalities,] Archangels, and Angels; 4) Spirits and souls of persons which come before God. These parts of the world has also four angels that stand upon the four corners of heaven; they are Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, Uriel; four angels stand for the elements, namely, Seraph, Cherub, Tharsis, Ariel; four highly enlightened men full of the light of God.6"

Thus, technically there are the 4 angels of the ruling quarters, and under them another 4 'sub’angels that rule the actual element itself.

Think of it as a management system.

Then, if you’d perhaps like to delve into the quarters and keepers of the darkness/demons:

[i]From the Book:
“In the fourth quarter of the world there is darkness, instituted for con­demnation in wrath and for punishment. Four princes of devils are injurious in the four elements: Samael, Azazel, Azael, Mahazael,14 four princes of devils over the four quarters of the earth, Oriens, Paymon,15 Egyn, Amayon.”

http://www.esotericarchives.com/moses/67moses2.htm

Enjoy!

1 Like