Attracting greatness

Apart from my addictions as stated in my previous post, i’ve noticed that “friends” that i hang out are keeping me from achieving my goals. They’re content with being average in all matters of life but i’m not. Would a banishing assist in the process of removing them from my life forever?
Would you people recommend working with a planetary influence or a particular spirit ?, to bring in winners into my life.

[quote=“Pazuzu, post:1, topic:4700”]Would a banishing assist in the process of removing them from my life forever?
Would you people recommend working with a planetary influence or a particular spirit ?, to bring in winners into my life.[/quote]
They’ll banish themselves if you begin to make internal progress towards power and greatness, trust me on that - I had a bunch of friends whose values stopped matching mine and they fell away naturally, and without any bad feeling or effort.

“Birds of a feather flock together!”

Jupiter is good for all matters like this, he’s an expansive and ambitious spirit, traditionally the ruler of Kings and leaders in all areas, as well as gurus and wisemen.

Also read this book, it’s “Science of Mind” stuff and truly excellent: [url=http://www.theangelwhispers.org/beinggreat.pdf]http://www.theangelwhispers.org/beinggreat.pdf[/url] (legal to download by the way, it’s well and truly out of copyright).

And (not magick-related) you could try joining Toastmasters if there’s a group in your area, it’s an international meeting thing for people with their sights set on leadership and greatness, brilliant for meeting new and motivated people.

Being around people who are successful in their own field (and therefore not jealous or trying to hold you back) will do more for you than worrying about getting rid of the people you know right now, and I’m a serious social climber so I have a lot of experience there. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Pazuzu, post:1, topic:4700”]Apart from my addictions as stated in my previous post, i’ve noticed that “friends” that i hang out are keeping me from achieving my goals. They’re content with being average in all matters of life but i’m not. Would a banishing assist in the process of removing them from my life forever?
Would you people recommend working with a planetary influence or a particular spirit ?, to bring in winners into my life.[/quote]

Who you hang out with is who you become.

There’s an excellent banishing ritual to get rid of them, and it requires no skill at all. You simply stop replying to their texts, stop taking their phone calls, stop being where they are, etc. They’ll get the hint. Once toxic people view you as being “no fun”, they move on. IMHO, to bring people into your life who will have a positive impact on you, doesn’t require complex magic. Create a statement of intent, turn it into a sigil a la Chaos Magic, charge it and fire it off. I’ve found throughout my lifetime, the people we need in our lives are always waiting in the wings. They just need an invite.

I think a good place to start would be to truly believe that YOU yourself are a winner. Tell yourself this everyday, and know that it is true. Really feel good about yourself and know that you are great, deserve the best etc. Soon you’ll start attracting similar people into your life.

And if you ever have days when that feels like you’re just wishful thinking, try this: Afformations

I love this kind of stuff and this is a new level to it! Make sure everything around you reflects, if not being a winner right now, the reasons you’re the stuff winners are made of, and also get rid of anything that reminds you of defeat, hide anything that’s making you think of happier times in the past (and that right now isn’t so great) etc.

I’ve lived in bedsits and stuff when I was younger and I was personally more inspired by having a chart of how much money I was saving each week on my pinboard than a picture of some swanky apartment that just looked out of reach, so know yourself and what works, and what doesn’t.

Obviously I’m pretty into money, but whatever your personal values are you can make sure evidence that you’re doing well in that area’s visible all the time as a reminder of what you’ve achieved already, and proof to your conscious and subconscious minds that you’re exactly the type of person who gets the outcomes you want. :slight_smile:

Another thing to add is seeing the win within your losses, every fail provides new knowledge and experience which is a win in itself.

How big a part does music play in a person’s success ? I love listening to black metal, but is it really beneficial or it’s just another vice?

I’m really grateful for all of the responses that I get from you guys, it’s practical and easy to understand !

Depends on how it makes you feel. I don’t listen to most modern music these days, only classical or stuff like Kitaro, because the lyrics in songs tend to come from either anger (at the world, or romantic partners gone astray) or some other negative place and I don’t want that in my psyche.

I like NIN for example but that guy’s entire lyrical content is one long whinge, so I had to figure out whether I wanted that as a big part of my world… things around us, just like people, influence us and tell us what’s normal, so I boxed up all my CDs several years ago and switched to Mozart and co., because at least they try to express surpassing beauty and skill in their music even if their personal lives were just as much a mess.

But that’s just me and I’m kind of extreme about things, I do still listen to this stuff occasionally but it’s not part of my daily soundtrack any more, whereas when I was younger it was really important to me.

In defence of my peculiar choice, I believe that sung words (especially ones that stick in your head) are extremely powerful, I was reading that the ancient Sumerians may have sang their incantations, and hymns are a similar deep programming method to carry the intended words deep into the mind and subconscious because the mind hangs onto words set to music more intensely than words spoken in a normal conversational manner.

(This is actually something I’ve occasionally experimented with, setting spells and various other things to music, but I don’t have anything to share from that, it’s just an idea.)

Anyway if you find the stuff fires you up and doesn’t stick in your head repeating unwanted ideas, then it’s probably fine, but if like me the music you like has lyrics you wouldn’t want to manifest for real or in your own attitude, then maybe have a think about it… see how you feel for a month with just some classical stuff and whether it feels like deprivation or a clean slate.

That’s just my view on it and I do take things a bit far sometimes, often to my own detriment because it takes up a lot of energy to be this crazy. :wink:

ETA: and then, there’s this -

I didn’t know that about David Bowie. I just loved both his and Jessica Lange’s respective renditions of Life on Mars.

[quote=“Pazuzu, post:8, topic:4700”]How big a part does music play in a person’s success ? I love listening to black metal, but is it really beneficial or it’s just another vice?

I’m really grateful for all of the responses that I get from you guys, it’s practical and easy to understand ![/quote]

There have been some studies done on the effects of music on various physiological processes, might be worth looking up some of them.

I listen to everything from industrial, metal, classical, rap, rock, trance, pop, opera, etc. As Lady Eva seems to have done, I usually only listen to songs that have no lyrics, or lyrics I can interpret in a way that align with my intent.