Astral Travel

Hi everyone,

The past 2 weeks I have had 3 instances where I have gotten out of my body (2 times I got out via technique, 1 time I became lucid in a dream), but every single time it appears that the environment I am in is thought generated! The night before last I drifted out and was in my lounge room, but the room was different and didn’t match with reality. I only lasted a few moments before I became distracted and lost my focus, causing the experience to end.

Im using obe4u training, but hadn’t read the part about ‘deepening’ and ‘maintaining’ before I actually got out. Ive now just read it so I should be prepared for the next experience, but wanted to ask everyone…

What is the most effective way people have found to convert a thought generated environment into a physical reality experience? At the moment Im not looking towards the astral plane, I just want to get some experience floating around the physical world… testing and verifying if Im actually out looking at real people, or just dreaming it all.

Thanks

Brutus, if I understand your question right…
I try to get somewhere that I can feel either cold or heat or a rough texture such as gravel in a driveway or brick on a fireplace.
Do this like you would if you had your eyes closed and were trying to identify/verify what an object was.
ie: your eyes are closed, someone handed you a brick. You can feel the weight, the ridges, the small pores, etc.
You tell yourself what it is because you “know” what it is supposed to feel like and the next thing you know you just felt something in the astral. Works in dreams too. Hope that makes sense and hope it helps.

Thanks Azesiel. That is exactly what deepening is. I’m looking forward to trying it out next chance I get. I originally tried saying ‘awareness now’ expecting everything to snap into place… but nothing, I think the tactile method you mention may be more effective.

Brutus,
It’s actually quite a talent to be able to get into the real-time-zone and stay there. Most people, even those who are well experienced, have to expend a large amount of energy to first get to the RTZ and second, stay there.
In order to get to the real time zone, Robert Bruce recommends doing a large amount of energy and chakra work before an OBE - this will give you an unusually large amount of energy to work with. Once you are out, you have to concentrate on adhering to the thin line that is the RTZ. Begin by saying, “take me to the real time zone” - once you are there, pay a specific amount of attention to stay there. For the first few times make this your goal with no others. Practice until it becomes second nature. You will find yourself slipping in and out of the RTZ, so don’t get too discouraged. I ALWAYS end up in some crazy astral dimension or realm no matter how hard I try to stay in the RTZ.
I’m stoked you have had such a great success! Stick with it! Remember that practice makes perfect. Set up tests for yourself such as putting a random tarot card face up on top of a tall shelf so you can’t see it. When you get out, go check on it - return - and go confirm it. Things like that. Check on a friend, then call them and see if you got it right. Don’t fret if you don’t - just keep practicing. :slight_smile:
Excellent Job!

oh, also.
It takes some time to be able to tell the difference between the RTZ and a realistic synthesis. Make sure to pay attention to the feeling, what is happening, etc. Often you can tell the difference between a real person and a synthetic by pointing at it and saying, "show me the life energy"
If suddenly you can see an aura or a field of energy, you’re at least dealing with an energetic being. If it changes into something else or if nothing happens, it is a fabrication of your mind or some other mind.

Great advice, thanks. Funny you mentioned Chakra development, I just had a chat with EA recently, a few of my Chakra’s are under developed and one is rotating in the opposite direction… which actually explains a lot with whats been going on with my body/mind. So apart from my OBE attempts, Im now having to spend a lot more time going back to basics, and rebalancing my chakras. I’m actually going to see a reiki healer nearby who has a good rep. Once I eventually get rebalanced, I’ll be able to raise energy much more effectively.

@DK - I am going to start placing a random card in my room to read on the astral level.

@ Brutus - Don’t get discouraged if you can’t “feel” right away. It takes time and I still have trouble doing it all the time. Some times it feels natural and other times it is impossible to do.

@DK - Last night I placed two tarot cards from my favorite deck on my nightstand without looking at them. I traveled to them and got images of the artwork but could not read them to see exactly what cards they were.
This morning I checked both cards and I was right except for not reading the letters on the cards. This may become a nightly ritual for me.
Thanks, DK!

[quote=“Azesiel, post:8, topic:303”]@DK - Last night I placed two tarot cards from my favorite deck on my nightstand without looking at them. I traveled to them and got images of the artwork but could not read them to see exactly what cards they were.
This morning I checked both cards and I was right except for not reading the letters on the cards. This may become a nightly ritual for me.
Thanks, DK![/quote]

Right on! :smiley: