Astaroth or Astarte

Last night I decided that I wanted to begin working with Astaroth. I have been feeling this urge for a few months as well as hear the calling.
But I really have no idea how to evoke spirits. So I pulled the enn off of youtube, drew the sigil and repeated the enn while holding my hands over the sigil.
Immediately I was thrown into a deep trance where my head rocked back and forth outside of my control. Then my head stopped moving and I went into an even deeper relaxation. I expected to see or hear something at this point, but there was nothing.
There was nothing until there was a presence. But that’s all it was, a presence that filled my room and made me so happy and I felt so loved. Ive been sinking into depression the past few weeks and all of that went away. I felt so overwhelmed with happiness that my dick got hard and I just couldn’t stop smiling. It was awesome. But it wasn’t exactly what I was aiming for.
I did not see or speak with Astaroth. I only felt the energy. I was wondering if anyone here had some tips on how better to contact this deity? Because after feeling that energy I know for sure now that I want to work with Astaroth.

2 Likes

Depends on which belief you go by some have spoken to Astaroth and claim he does not like being called when reaching out for Ishtar/Astarte, others say they are the same entity. Either way with Astaroth the demon you can use their goetic sigil, with Astarte the Goddess you can use her cuniform or a petition spell for her to contact you.

How do I do a petition spell?

1 Like

Just to also note Astaroth in lore is considered a male goetic demon who was believed to have been named after the Goddess Astarte.

2 Likes

As far as I’m concerned, One Goddess, many names and faces.

However, calling the Queen of Heaven Infernal is taking it a bit too far.

Maybe it’s just me, but I find the idea of conflating a male goetic Demon with the Numero Uno Goddess of Heaven quite distasteful. Yes, I know, this is literally what demonization is about, but it doesn’t mean I have to like it.

Astoroth (yeah I went to some hellish places) To say she is annoyed with certain aspects of our culture is an understatement.

1 Like

Can you tell me what source you got this from? Sounds interesting.

3 Likes

I too believe ISIS, ISHTAR, ASTARTE, ASTOROTH are of the same current. Mostly Astoroth was made to be male I believe because back in the day sSolomon and co were just trying to currupt her image. But she’s a hell of a patron and they all appear to me as one. Partly why I combine them in my Altar piece to Astarte.

5 Likes

I know how you feel. I’ve often debated on which deity I should dedicate myself to.

Have you ever done any work with this spirit?

I’ve had experience with Ishtar for some years now along with her brother Shamesh.

Okay, nice. What is she like

I had a very recent possession experience by Astaroth. I attempted to do a soul retrieval combined with getting my husband back spell (he wanted to divorce me due to ideological issues from following some decaying egregore mess on the astral). He was very dense, so I had to get very physical, and that did not end in a nice neat way so I have a lot to deal with on the mundane now.

Speaking for myself, Inanna (Ishtar) is just incredibly loving and benevolent towards those that are under her protection, but she is fierce and warlike when the situation demands it, kind of what you’d expect of someone who is a Goddess of both Love and War. The same duality can be found in her latter-day Hindu equivalent, Durga. For all intents and purposes, Durga is just a different name for the same Goddess.

As for her brother Utu (Shamash), I do not believe there is anyone more powerful than him in this solar system. As the Sun God, he has control over our Sun and all its immense power. His Hindu equivalent is Surya. There is almost nothing that he can’t do, I get the feeling that he could wipe out this planet and all life on it on a whim. Yet, he is also incredibly benevolent and loving. You can always count on him to help you out, if you are in a tight spot.

I have past life ties to her and her family just as she has them to mine and my family, not in the sense of worship or anything of the sort but rather my time prior and between reincarnation. In this life I remet her through her ancestor Tiamat and Nun, and through Ishtar I met Anshar and Kishar. I often spoke to her with various other Gods such as her ‘ex husband’ Set but we all had ties for various reasons.

She has been pretty chill with me, many Djinn call her mother, atleast the djinn who are of Sumer origins, just as they call Shamash father.

2 Likes